Raedric Berathian Robes

Not what I was asking. My fault, I phrased it poorly.

Did you come into contact with the priests before getting the robes?

The robes only prevent the Berathian priests from going hostile. That's all.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Thanks! I did come in contact with one but he was in the room with guards. I had already put on the robes.

It is either bugged, or poorly designed. It's not clear how to "wear" the disguise other than putting it on and not seeing any difference.

I'm having the same problem.  We didn't come into contact with any of the priests, and we put on the robes.  We also unequipped all of our weapons.  The first acolyte we saw still turned hostile.  So I restored from save and unequipped EVERYTHING -- all of our boots and stuff in addtion to the armor, all of our quick-slot items, the mage's grimoire, everything.  We were wearing nothing but robes, and the first guy we saw still attacked us.

We have Durance with us, so I tried leaving him back in the room where we found the robes, in case he was known to be a priest of a rival god or something.  But that didn't help, either.

I ended up slaughtering a bunch of priests, but I didn't WANT to.  My character is a paladin of the Kind Wayfarers, and she likes being Benevolent, damn it!

Other than for RP reasons, you really don't want them to, you get far more loot if you kill everyone.

Well, but RP reasons matter to me.  As I said, my character is a paladin of the Kind Wayfarers; Benevolence is her whole reason for taking up arms.  She LIKES keeping bloodshed to a minimum. :yes: