Lost Saves

nPHYN1T3

Question

So I finished the burried temple stuff last night saved and went to bed. Today I go to play and clicking on continue gives me a black screen and the gauntlet cursor. I try to load other saves and while they are all listed they all load a black screen with a cursor and nothing else. Hitting escape will not bring up the game menu and the only way to get out of the game is to drop to a term and kill it.

I saw others post about the game deleting saves but this appears they are there, they just won't load or have been corrupted by something.

Xubuntu 14.04 RTK

Core i3

4gigs of ram

nVidia 540M

4 answers to this question

No dice, same thing. Rebooted, continue gives me a black screen with the cursor. Loading saves either gives me the same black screen or loops back to the menu.

I'm no stranger to bugs but this is easily one of the worst game launches I've ever seen. I'm sure there has been worse issues on games I've never cared to play/experience but for me I've played early access and beta tested games in a better state than this! I actually used to beta tester and reverse engineer software for a living too and this is simply dreadful.

Edited by nPHYN1T3

So I finished the burried temple stuff last night saved and went to bed. Today I go to play and clicking on continue gives me a black screen and the gauntlet cursor. I try to load other saves and while they are all listed they all load a black screen with a cursor and nothing else. Hitting escape will not bring up the game menu and the only way to get out of the game is to drop to a term and kill it.

I saw others post about the game deleting saves but this appears they are there, they just won't load or have been corrupted by something.

Xubuntu 14.04 RTK

Core i3

4gigs of ram

nVidia 540M

mine completely deleted here always after or during daedrics hold when exit/restart game 

Ya I've seen reports of the files actually being deleted. I was trying to find those posts to add my report to rather than adding more threads but couldn't find them oddly enough. I know the save system is seriously broken atm though which is why steam sync can't do cross platform saves.

Ultimately though I've hit so many bugs I'm giving up. This is the worst launch I've personally ever encountered. I figure I have waited 2+ years for this I'll wait another year and see if they unferk the game. It needs serious optimisation and bug fixing. Even if you took the bugs away the requirements to run the game are insane. You can run Crysis on slower hardware than they say a 2D game needs! In fact I used to run Crysis on an X700 with 256mb of RAM and 1Gig of system RAM. You've got to be joking to say this game is more demanding than a title like Crysis. Pure laziness! I wished Obsidian would explain how a 2D game with a tiny bit of lighting and 3D over top of it requires such unrealistic system spec. Even if the game was 100% 3D rather than just the characters you should be able to play on lesser hardware. Games like the Long Dark are running on Unity and while there are limitations runs fine on Intel 3000 GPU with 2gigs of ram and the render distances and such as insane.

Edited by nPHYN1T3