So with the stat spread I've come to 2 variants. You can either go 20 for the main stat and 18 for the socondary, or you can spread a bit thinner and go for 18 for main, 15 for secondary and 15 for another one. the ramaining stats are tens in both cases, it's just me not liking being in the negative modifiers.

Examples 

wizard

str 20

int 18

a very wide aoe area and an awesome dmg output.

str 18

dex 15

int 15

a narrower but still quite decent aoe, still reliable damage and a very notisable cast speed bonus.

same for chipher 18, 15, 15 or for a palladin 15 str, 15 dex, 18 res or for a barbarian 18 str, 15 dex, 15 int.

Plays out pretty well so far.

So, my recommendation would be to stick to the formula of 18, 15, 15 for any class, any build.

Edited by mrmonocle

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

I think for Non-Tanks (basically, anyone you will try to keep from taking damage thru tactics, disables, positioning, etc, as opposed to stats), you're best off putting 18+ in Might, 18 in Int, and whatever's left over in Dex. You can easily do 18/10/12/10/18/10 if you don't want ANY penalties, but, honestly, a 10 Perception and Resolve on a DPS does basically nothing. Even a 10 Con is pretty debatable about it's usefulness, but I can see why someone wouldn't want a penalty to HP/Endurance. So if you take just 2 points out of Resolve and Perception, meaning only a small penalty to Deflection, Will, Reflexes, Interrupts, and Concentration, you can have 18+/10/16/8/18/8 and have a character who is superior to both 18/10/12/10/18/10 and 18/10/15/10/15/10. 

But, honestly, unless you're playing Path of the Damned, the differences between these three stat lines is probably going to be almost unnoticeable. 

I've also recently been experimenting with a full on dump stat so you can actually get 18/18/18. I'm trying an off-tank paladin (sword and shield) with a focus on personal damage and accuracy buffs. Kind of a low-int fighter with better defense but no endurance regen. Working well so far and my stats are 18/8/12/18/3/18. Curious to see how it develops, but I've got a huge deflection score so far which should only improve with equipment and abilities and that'll hopefully offset the lack of endurance regen that a fighter has. Solid accuracy so far with the initial modal and my other defense scores are all good due to the paladin abilities, this helps offset the Int dump. Damage has been pretty good, not hardhitter good but far better than a standard tank and with better than hardhitter survivability.

I suspect that in the long run it'll still be sub-optimal compared to a similar fighter build due to the lack of endurance regen, but the goal was to play as a paladin since I really wanted to be a damage dealign Bleak Walker and this allows me to do that.

Another build you can make for wizard (and definately for cipher) is 10 might 20 int 19 dex. This will allow you to cast debuffs really fast and with a HUGE aoe, and in my opinion debuff spells wizard has are actually better than damage spells especially in the hardest fights in the game where the enemy has large DR reductions. Check the 'paralyze', 'petrify', and even blind (an overpowered low level debuff effect, also availeble on wizard level 1 and 2 spells) effects on the cyclopedia and you'll see what i mean. This build is especially viable if some other class covers elemental damage such as druids or chanters.

This is really depending on your difficulty settings...

On PotD trying to do 15 here and 15 there is not really doing anything to be honest

So, have to follow the munchkin path..

20/21 Might

18 Dex

18 Int - maybe if you want to talk or be a caster... overall dump

everything else is dump

Ofc wear armor with no recovery restriction or go in bikini for added atmosphere

Give it Blunderbuss and pop some cherries

Please remember any spells you are going to cast are reducing your damage, use those only if you really need CC and such

The only spells worth it are Accuracy buffs for moar crits

And for tanker, completely different

18 Con

18 Per

20/21 resolve

the rest is dump

remember, your job is to tie up everything in engagement ring and soak blows (like, 3 bears humping you), not to actually do damage... this is what girl in bikini with blunderbuss is for!

This is your undying punchbag

Ignore everything related to damage and stack Deflection and Fort/Reflex/Will

Wear heaviest armors.

When it gets more or less ok accuracy with heavy shields and such, will actually also start doing some damage
Edited by Ansa

My Cypher is 19 3 19 9 18 10   Wood elf, with the +1 Might origin.  If you want to min max, dont be afraid of droppin the stats you will not need. the same is ok with wizzard.

For a Paladin ... it changes .. if i was going for pure damage output ill go    21 10 18 10 9 10 amauma with +1 might  you can change the last 3 stats as you see fit  if you want more area for the aura ... more Ac more HP .... If you are going tank ... just put max ponts on con, perception and resolve XD

This is really depending on your difficulty settings...

On PotD trying to do 15 here and 15 there is not really doing anything to be honest

So, have to follow the munchkin path..

20/21 Might

18 Dex

18 Int - maybe if you want to talk or be a caster... overall dump

everything else is dump

Ofc wear armor with no recovery restriction or go in bikini for added atmosphere

Give it Blunderbuss and pop some cherries

Please remember any spells you are going to cast are reducing your damage, use those only if you really need CC and such

The only spells worth it are Accuracy buffs for moar crits

And for tanker, completely different

18 Con

18 Per

20/21 resolve

the rest is dump

remember, your job is to tie up everything in engagement ring and soak blows (like, 3 bears humping you), not to actually do damage... this is what girl in bikini with blunderbuss is for!

This is your undying punchbag

Ignore everything related to damage and stack Deflection and Fort/Reflex/Will

Wear heaviest armors.

When it gets more or less ok accuracy with heavy shields and such, will actually also start doing some damage

I disagree completely. I'm playing with 2 hired min/max adventurers + my PC and I regret going as min/max as I did. I have a tank chanter that has about 5 seconds between attacks and does 1 damage a hit. It's awful. On top of that Eder with his fighter endurance regen actually tanked better for most of act 1. My barbarian can get one shot. My cipher can get one shot and it occasionally happens and then that is all of my DPS gone. I've had fights that literally took 5 minutes to resolve because all I had left was Durance and my Chanter tank doing no damage.

I'm of the opinion that on POTD, pick 2 of the 3 DPS stats for DPSing, take the remainder and put it where it will make the biggest difference in not getting insta gibbed by AOE, or one shot by this or that critter.

I'd drop might on my barbarian and possibly go con. I'd drop might on my cipher and put it into perception or resolve or possibly split it. Yes I might take an extra couple seconds to kill stuff, but I'd rather take a little longer every fight, than have something disastrous happen, lose my DPS to something I couldn't prevent and have to reload or grind out a fight with my chanter.

I think this is even more telling with tanks. Tanks do not need min/max'd perception and resolve in my experience. They can function perfectly fine and tanky as can be with a 15/15 split of perception/resolve. Meaning you don't need to dump con or might. I'd leave might and jack dex up tbh on any tank but a chanter. 
Edited by Mercbeast