Flickering Cursor

holzpubbnsubbe

Question

5 answers to this question

Hey,

had the same issue with Opensuse 13.2 and Gnome Desktop.

Then I realised (top), that gnome shell used 100% of my CPU.
After I switched to KDE, the problem is gone.

Not a fix, but a workaround.

Also the performance with gnome was completly broken if sth happend that produces a pop up (like getting a mail).

Hi,

I have the same problem of a constant flickering game cursor in Ubuntu 14.10, Unity desktop. Performance is perfect though (in reply cranydin above me who also sufferred performance probs when using the gnome desktop). When I keep the game running and swap out to the destop the flickering keeps on going with the default mouse pointer in Ubuntu.

Does anyone have any indication of the cause? It's not gamebreaking but can be detracting.

If anyone needs any other debug info i'll be happy to supply.

Cheers!

My previous post confirming the problem on Ubuntu isn't yet approved but I found a solution for the flickering cursor so I'm hoping the 2 posts will appear in order.

There was a similar problem in wasteland on gnome3, and someone posted a fix here:

http://steamcommunity.com//app/240760/discussions/1/613936673400191099/

The actual fix is a simple command line command: gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.cursor active false

Alternatively you can use the application dconf Editor, navigate through the tree:

gnome

|_settings-daemon

|_plugins

|_cursor

And click off the checkbox next to active.

After that restart light-dm (or reboot) and you're set.

I've tried this on my ubuntu install with Unity interface and should work for gnome 3 too.

Success!

My previous post confirming the problem on Ubuntu isn't yet approved but I found a solution for the flickering cursor so I'm hoping the 2 posts will appear in order.

There was a similar problem in wasteland on gnome3, and someone posted a fix here:

http://steamcommunity.com//app/240760/discussions/1/613936673400191099/

The actual fix is a simple command line command: gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.cursor active false

Alternatively you can use the application dconf Editor, navigate through the tree:

gnome

|_settings-daemon

|_plugins

|_cursor

And click off the checkbox next to active.

After that restart light-dm (or reboot) and you're set.

I've tried this on my ubuntu install with Unity interface and should work for gnome 3 too.

Success!

Sorry, a bit backed up this morning. Thanks for sharing!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!