How to defeat Raedric?

Hi there,

I´m stnading just infront of Raedric and his men. My Paladin doesn´t like the way, he treated the towns people, that´s why he must die! But tell me how! I´m currently level 3, got three mates with me (including a thief recruited from the tavern). After 10+ tries I can´t see a chance to defeat him, even if I try to hide behind his throne, like I saw in a youtube video.

Do I have to continue the main story and come back with level 5+ with a full party, or is there a way to fight them right now?

I don't know what difficulty you're playing on, but either way it's insanely hard at level 3. This thread has some helpful tactics. Generally I'd recommend coming back later, but if you want to attempt it at level 3-4, then at least go south to Margran's Fork and recruit Durance. You could also go to Caed Nua and grab Kana, he stands right outside the gates, so you don't even have to do anything in that location. Also, consider attacking right away instead of intiating conversation with Raedric.

I'm only playing on normal, but I did take him out at level 3 and only 5 in the party. My recommendation is only to send your meat shields up to talk and the rest hang back on the stairs. I think it also helped that my squishies were all equipped with range. I used alot of Foe AoE or the stuff that hurts them, but restores my endurance.

I also tried to take out their casters first and then the champions, but it didn't actually play out in that order. by the end of it, I was down to two (My PC and Kana) and they had three Raedric and two archers which had switched to melee. My PC (remaining meat shield) did get to a point where endurance wasn't really the issue, health was. Thankfully Kana has that field triage skill, probably saved the fight.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for advice. Its a bit balanced quest though. I took out everyone in the castle, outside, inside, in the dungeon. I didn't realize I could wear robes to prevent deaths of all the priests, but I left the priest leader alive and saved his friend from the dungeon. I just have 3 level 4 players right now, me (wizard) and the other wizard + fighter from the Veil town. Taking care of the guards around the castle was somewhat challenging, but Raedric is just impossible to defeat with my party. Wizards die so fast! I plan on Normal because I am an experienced AD&D Player (not a Veteran though).