Journalism and bias in the gaming industry

Blarghagh

Ok, were getting into weird territory. Do you guys mind keeping the discussion clean, please?

Yes, let's try that.

Thread/image pruned.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I too shall wring my hands. Report the post perhaps. Weird cartoon in any case, oh well.

Nah I never report anyone ever

Secret police would not be proud of you.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

https://archive.today/g9FJx

Polygon deputy news editor buys domain "legodimensions.com" a day before Lego Dimensions is announced.

Err, isn't this a felony?

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

https://archive.today/g9FJx

Polygon deputy news editor buys domain "legodimensions.com" a day before Lego Dimensions is announced.

Err, isn't this a felony?

Not sure tbh, it is a **** move at best though.

More in depth: http://gamesnosh.com/polygon-lego-domain-snipe/

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

TOTALLY off-topic, but I have to bring this up somewhere so I can marvel at it and this seems like the most "relevant" spot (sorry in advance for being an off-topic tangent):

Let me just say that I have never in my life been so bored by a woman wanting to discuss BDSM.

From what I know a large chunk of her audience is 12-14 y/o girls. World is ****ed up.

Wow, that video was....something.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I mean it's not like standards are high at Kotaku, but at the same time you have to wonder....typically a company response at this point is to fire such an individual and use them as a scapegoat. Distance yourself from them and claim they were an anomaly and not reflective of standard company practices.

They could've done this ages ago when the story first broke out, but they're keeping him. In some ways it could be seen as admirable that a company isn't scapegoating an employee but standing by them, but in others it's obviously very "wtf Kotaku" because he's provided little reason as to why he's a valuable asset. Is his boss a woman and is he sleeping with her too? Is Grayson like the world's best gigalo or something?

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

The Blockbot on Twitter that was supposed to block those horrible gooblegamers has blocked, Dawkins, Sommers, and even the Pope.

http://archive.today/0VQ4G

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

True, though that title is still mainly an Orthodox thing. As much as the title matters, in any case.

Popes have in the past occasionally used the title Patriarch of the West, without defining it. Beginning 1863, this title appeared in the annual reference publication, Annuario Pontificio, which in 1885 became a semi-official publication of the Holy See. This publication suppressed the title in its 2006 edition. The Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity explained the decision in a press release issued later that year. It stated that the title "Patriarch of the West" had become "obsolete and practically unusable" and that it was "pointless to insist on maintaining it". Since the Second Vatican Council, the Latin Church, with which the title could be consider associated, is now organized as a number of episcopal conferences and their international groupings

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

True, though that title is still mainly an Orthodox thing. As much as the title matters, in any case.

Popes have in the past occasionally used the title Patriarch of the West, without defining it. Beginning 1863, this title appeared in the annual reference publication, Annuario Pontificio, which in 1885 became a semi-official publication of the Holy See. This publication suppressed the title in its 2006 edition. The Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity explained the decision in a press release issued later that year. It stated that the title "Patriarch of the West" had become "obsolete and practically unusable" and that it was "pointless to insist on maintaining it". Since the Second Vatican Council, the Latin Church, with which the title could be consider associated, is now organized as a number of episcopal conferences and their international groupings

P. Much

I thought hating people for not holding the "right" opinion was what the "SJWs" were supposed to represent. The more I hear from both sides the more they sound like opposite sides of the same coin.

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Look at Amentep. I didn't think he could be so edgy that he enjoyed bashing two groups for the price of one! LMAO

When your opinion is born of ignorance ala  Martin (whose tv show I enjoy) you deserved to be called out. But, see, unlike some I';m still gonna enjoy the show b/c I don't believe in censorship just b/c some's opinon is different than me even though he now has joined the side who wants to murder me. So, now I know, Martin is pro cold blooded murder.

\P.S. The issue is hating on those with a different opinion. It's about trying to censor them. Nobody is trying to stop Maertin from speaking. At least I'm not.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I thought hating people for not holding the "right" opinion was what the "SJWs" were supposed to represent. The more I hear from both sides the more they sound like opposite sides of the same coin.

Sadly, there is an element of gamergate whose view on freedom of expression stops when said view agrees with SJWs. I don't agree with that view at all, and it has caused me to question my involvement with this bull****.

Whatever, PoE has combat that gets repetitive as hell and isn't really affected by a poem being changed to tell certain folks off.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Whatever, PoE has combat that gets repetitive as hell and isn't really affected by a poem being changed to tell certain folks off.

I think the expansion could help fix that by introducing enemies that fall into the dreaded, "hard counter" category.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

That won't happen. Sawyer loathes that kind of stuff. It's why you can burn fire elementals (aka blights) and why you can knock down jello or blind the blinded. L0L

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

That won't happen. Sawyer loathes that kind of stuff. It's why you can burn fire elementals (aka blights) and why you can knock down jello or blind the blinded. L0L

Those blinded blind people double can't see.

If a faith healer tries to heal them they need twice as much faith.

Edited by Namutree
  • Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

But, see, unlike some I';m still gonna enjoy the show b/c I don't believe in censorship just b/c some's opinon is different than me

Volourn speaks wisdom. I try to seperate the work from the man. I don't need to deal with the man, all I need to deal with is the work. I love the new Modest Mouse album despite the fact that Isaac Brock is well known to be a collosal D-bag.

Correia writes an open letter to Martin to explain the situation. http://monsterhunternation.com/2015/04/09/a-response-to-george-r-r-martin-from-the-author-who-started-sad-puppies/

The parallells, man.

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

That was a fascinating read.

No matter what happens, whether you like the term for them or not, you guys need to calm your SJWs down, and tell them to quit forming angry twitter mobs, and scaring the hell out of authors who cross their invisible lines. Most of us aren’t big and successful enough to be immune to their inquisition. I’m fine. You’re doing, holy crap, like mega bucks piles of gold bars fine. But many regular authors are being intimidated by these bullies, having their careers damaged, and it isn’t right.

The Taiwanese indirectly explained the mindset behind most aGGros:

Edited by Meshugger
  • Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy