11 000 years!

Messier-31

Question

I am reporting the issue: time flies.

The year in the game is over 11 000.

When I loaded the game yesterday, the year was over 8 000. Time flies, huh?

I simply opened the journal.

Attaching screenshot:

11k.jpg

Edited by Messier-31

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

This is almost as good/funny as the superman-mega-companion stats one.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I made no progress since yesterday due to lots of errands to run. Also I'm seriously thinking about waiting for a patch, because there seems to be a lot more problems further into the game, as many of you lads pointed out on forums. Anyway, because no progress was made, the year is still over 11.000 AI and I bet my golden pantaloons that if I make a new save-game today, the year will shift even more after load.

*Update*: We're able to reproduce the bug on our end.

---------

Hey guys!

We're currently investigating this time issue. It would help us greatly if you could locate your save file and output log, upload them to a hosting site like dropbox, and post the link here.

Your save file should be located: "C:\Users\YourNameHere\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity"

Your output log should be located in your "PillarsOfEternity_Data" folder.

Thanks for your help!

• Like 1

Got a bug :cat:?? Help us squish it!

• In your report Include your *save file* (C:\Users\YourNameHere\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity) and ...
  • PC: *output_log.txt* (In your PillarsOfEternity_Data folder)
  • Mac/Linux: *Player.log* (In your Unity folder)

• Thank you for your help!

---------

Hey guys!

We're currently investigating this time issue. It would help us greatly if you could locate your save file and output log, upload them to a hosting site like dropbox, and post the link here.

Your save file should be located: "C:\Users\YourNameHere\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity"

Thanks for your help!

Sure thing, I'll do it as soon as I get back from work :)

Stay tuned.

I have this bug as well. I was bummed out because it takes me out of the immersion but to hear it might actually effect gameplay later on really makes me consider putting down the game until this patch comes out.

Is this even the sort of thing that can be undone or will my game forever be in the year 10,000? Extremely disappointed if that's the case. Is there any way to edit an ini file or text somewhere wherever the journal is stored so I can fix this myself?

I hope the devs can check if days >365 and set all instances in year in the journal to 2823 if it isn't. I'm no expert though.

Save game and output is here: http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/zWWPeAWU3U8zHoZyB%2B9Y%2Fg

---------

Hey guys!

Thanks for your help!

Here it is as promised:

Output log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5c2oouia9b886nl/output_log.txt?dl=0

Save file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/48ceqfl5hwupkfh/a709d9a3-c2ed-49df-992d-85c3907bd68b%20quicksave.savegame?dl=0

Any update on whether this has a fix? I know it's not a class A bug but I hope it goes out with the next patch

No, but since the devs seem to have found the reason you can expect the bug to be fixed soon. Either in this week's update or the next. ;)

Is there a day for the patch? Guess or otherwise?

Does it changes the 'Days passed' number in game, or just the year? If it's just the year, I guess I can keep playing.

I used to write fake dates in my own journal as well just for screwing with anyone else trying to read my diary. Maybe my character does the same thing. :shrugz: