Bug or feature? All unconscious = Defeat?

Xaratas

Question

A group knocked all my Partymembers unconscious, but did not kill them. And then the last mob walked away!

https://xaratas.privatepaste.com/download/7c14bc3bd8

As Edér is a Fighter he should with his passive be able to stand up again in a few seconds.

Also as the last standing Monster did not attack further but got to his start point back combat mode should have ended. If the monster has no interest in killing me, then in my opinion, I should be able to crawl silently away.

3 answers to this question

I think it's a feature, although in your case it might look a bit strange.

But indeed the idea behind it is all unconscious=group will get killed for sure.

Edér's Second Chance ability aside (which is a special effect of his starting armor, I think?) you can assume that another party member is needed to wake up unconscious characters after battle or something like that.

This actually makes me recall a funny instance earlier on in the game. I had a close battle with some wolves, and just barely lost. Everyone was KO'ed. But Eder stood back up before the "Your party has died" message appeared, and he killed the last wolf with a single swing. Then, the message popped up and I had to reload. I was a bit pissed off, to say the least.

Second Chance is actually afaik an ability on armor. Eder's Saints War armor has it, and there are other items that have it. It may be a bug, but you can't survive a total party kill if the last person to be knocked unconscious has Second Chance, there has to be someone else there. Bug or not, that's the current implementation.