If the game gets changed on the basis of something this stupid I hope they start providing refunds, the game is great at the moment but no telling how many other people will get offended by the slightest thing and cause the content to change.

I reiterate since people like to conveniently ignore that the person that started this fake outrage has advocated for genocide.

And the "games journalist" that brought this to Josh Sawyer attention was a former neo-nazi that advocated for jewish genocode.

"Im like a banana, yellow outside and white on the inside" is one of Ian Miles Cheong infamous quotes.

• Like 2

I really don't want this to turn into yet another "GamerGate vs FemenistFrequency" internet war, but damning if true.

Is not... quite true. None of those people have anything to do with FemFreq, and while I know GG has seen this, they are not the ones starting it and this is kinda outside their usual 'territory'.

As far as I know the FemFreq team consists of three people, not sure if there's more:

Anita Sarkeesian

Jonathan McIntosh (writer and producer)

Katherine Cross (secretary)

Here are my sources

https://i.imgur.com/3krmDzG.png

https://pdf.yt/d/QnYk8zz4nV8hfVfv

LOL  Of course. This is really ridiculous...

Edited by Darji

I really don't want this to turn into yet another "GamerGate vs FemenistFrequency" internet war, but damning if true.

Is not... quite true. None of those people have anything to do with FemFreq, and while I know GG has seen this, they are not the ones starting it and this is kinda outside their usual 'territory'.

As far as I know the FemFreq team consists of three people, not sure if there's more:

Anita Sarkeesian

Jonathan McIntosh (writer and producer)

Katherine Cross (secretary)

Here are my sources

https://i.imgur.com/3krmDzG.png

https://pdf.yt/d/QnYk8zz4nV8hfVfv

And they spent 40% of $400k on salary.

1427301891517-2.jpg

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I don't even understand how the limerick is transphobic. It tells the story of a man that discovers that his newly-wed wife lied to him all along by pretending to be a woman. The situation destroys him emotionally and he commits suicide... Where is there transphobia in there? Wouldn't anyone be distressed to discover that their girlfriend was a man all along? I think the limerick is pretty cool, honestly.

• Like 1

What does GamerGate have to do with this? This is about some "feminists" getting ultra offended at nothing at all and making things up to get attention. The ususl bullsnot.

From what I understand that's the usual GG line of thinking: "random internet feminist offended at something video game related? It must be some conspiracy that Anita Sarkessian concocted!"

Though I agree it doesn't add anything substantial to the conversation.

Edited by Syraxis

This is getting a bit derailed. Back on topic: Can anyone provide me evidence that this in any way does relate to trans people,a nd not (In example) just someone getting utterly sloshed?

Why do we exist?
Do we exist?

Can we be but a dream,

An incomplete thought,
Only to be forgotten.

This is getting a bit derailed. Back on topic: Can anyone provide me evidence that this in any way does relate to trans people,a nd not (In example) just someone getting utterly sloshed?

The only one who can do that is the gold backer who submitted it, and he hasn't revealed himself yet.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

No one can because it does not. It makes fun of the guy who did commit suicide and not on the other person. so it does not even matter if she was trans or not,

• Like 3

The only one who can do that is the gold backer who submitted it, and he hasn't revealed himself yet.

Oh God, I hope they do not. No one deserves the wolves at their heels that would cause.

• Like 1

Why do we exist?
Do we exist?

Can we be but a dream,

An incomplete thought,
Only to be forgotten.

Mate, it does relate to trans people, it says so in the text, the problem is that some people seem to think that the text makes fun of trans people instead of the man who killed himself. Incidentally, those people are the ones who are offended by practically anything that moves. It's nothing. Nothing at all. 22 pages of nothing at all. 22 pages that discuss a problem that is not a problem in the first place.

• Like 1

Oh God, I hope they do not. No one deserves the wolves at their heels that would cause.

The joke it's open to inerpretation, which makes this whole fake outrage more ridiculous.

People on twitter act like modern lynch mobs, and then they turn around and say "it's not censorship we were just trying to ruin their business if they dont comply"

• Like 7

http://youtu.be/9cDZlI0mFSE

• Like 2

Mate, it does relate to trans people, it says so in the text, the problem is that some people seem to think that the text makes fun of trans people instead of the man who killed himself. Incidentally, those people are the ones who are offended by practically anything that moves. It's nothing. Nothing at all. 22 pages of nothing at all. 22 pages that discuss a problem that is not a problem in the first place.

Where in the text? The text says that a man had sex with someone they THOUGHT was a woman. At no point is that person explicitly stated to be trans, or anything else. I used the example of the guy being sloshed as a case of "I was drunk and had sex with a guy, thinking they were a woman". So, as far as I can tell, there is no actual link to trans people beyond interpretation.

• Like 8

Why do we exist?
Do we exist?

Can we be but a dream,

An incomplete thought,
Only to be forgotten.

...making a stupid "Joke" about trans women being men.

It's also interesting that the OP of this thread took exception to this, not the stereotyping and phobia of the contents of the joke. It's not even mentioned that the character in the joke is trans. Also, it's up to the individual whether they consider transwomen men or not.

• Like 1

Where in the text? The text says that a man had sex with someone they THOUGHT was a woman. At no point is that person explicitly stated to be trans, or anything else. I used the example of the guy being sloshed as a case of "I was drunk and had sex with a guy, thinking they were a woman". So, as far as I can tell, there is no actual link to trans people beyond interpretation.

Wait, that makes a lot of sense. The man could have been dead drunk. It's a possible possibility. But that would really make these 23 pages of discussion useless.

• Like 2

What does GamerGate have to do with this? This is about some "feminists" getting ultra offended at nothing at all and making things up to get attention. The ususl bullsnot.

From what I understand that's the usual GG line of thinking: "random internet feminist offended at something video game related? It must be some conspiracy that Anita Sarkessian concocted!"

Though I agree it doesn't add anything substantial to the conversation.

Then you don't seem to be very knowledgeable about GG i'm afraid, and i don't blame you. Gamergate is involved in this because there is a threat of censorship, no matter from what direction it comes from. Creative freedom should never be threatened by the few who choose to be offended.

• Like 2

Wait, that makes a lot of sense. The man could have been dead drunk. It's a possible possibility. But that would really make these 23 pages of discussion useless.

Going to be honest with you, in all fairness. I don't think there's any getting away from the last 23 pages being at least a little useless.

I suggested this idea before and got blocked by people I had never even spoken to. They are not looking to understand the joke in context, they just want to stir the ****.

This thread has caused my opinion of the intelligence of the average Obsidian "fan" on these forums to plummet.

Seriously, if you can't handle a developer not wanting a bigoted joke in their game, I'll provide you with a free tiny violin before the door hits you on your ass on the way out.

How do know they don't want the joke in the game? Explain to me why bigotry in the game's world, a fantasy construct, should affect you.

Explain to me why pulling a dumb joke offends you so much.

Over and over again, this is what I hear: "They can't do that to our pledges! Only we can do that to our pledges!"

You're complaining people are offending about a "dumb joke" while you yourself are offended by a dumb joke and are trying to pressure the creators to remove it?

• Like 2
Never negotiate. You will only encourage more acts of terror.

If the price of freedom is being offended occasionally then I`ll be offended all day long if I have to.

Careful, some people seem to think that your freedom ends where their feelings begin. You might get yourself in trouble for daring to say such things.

Well quite. I was trying to be funny earlier but the big issue with PC truly is that anything at all can be made illegal or incorrect to say under such a regime. In the USSR, a relevant example since that`s where this all came from, you were given a psychiatric diagnosis if you criticized the government, or said anything politically incorrect, and then locked up. "Inflexibility of opinion" they called it and that was you gone for 20 years in Siberia. And when you listen to some of these feminists and other identity fanatics they sound about ready to ship anyone they don`t like off to camp somewhere. It`s getting harder and harder to see what the difference is between the west today and the USSR in the 1970s some days. The dynamics are all there. All we need is to tighten the screws and off we go with gulags for "transphobes", "homophobes" and racists (I`m sorry but these just are not real words and I refuse to give them credit by using them seriously. Newspeak belongs in fiction.).

• Like 1

This is why this seems absurd to me. And this was the interpretation of everyone I have asked so far. Heck, I signed onto these forums expecting maybe I missed the backer themselves saying something about it. Nope.

• Like 2

Why do we exist?
Do we exist?

Can we be but a dream,

An incomplete thought,
Only to be forgotten.

As was said previously, this whole issue arises from malicious interpretation. You could argue that the poem is about rape, or even simply a mockery of his stupidity. It's a poem, it's not a literal text, so it is completely up to interpretation.

• Like 4

I hate Unity.