The Trials of Durance

Sorry to dig this thread up, but I think the quest is still bugged: I started a new game after patch 1.06 came out and compared to my first playthrough now something is broken: I had the vision but not the dialog to discuss it with Durance, and now that my game is near the end I can not advance the quest without cheating.

Tried the fixes posted in this thread, but with no avail (which file should I use? All of three?).

Here is my savegame:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vzilr5pwsn2qzn9/Savegame.zip?dl=0

Hope somebody in the tech staff could give it a try.

Edited by Thalon

• 7 months later...

actually... let's resurrect it YET AGAIN.. because getting the dreams is STILL very buggy, even in version 3.01 of the game, as I am using now.

no matter HOW MANY times I rest in the wilderness with Durance now, the 1st dream will simply not trigger.

at all.

sad.

one of the reasons I stopped playing the game over a year ago, is that it was literally FILLED with minor, but very irritating, bugs like this.

so I wait a whole YEAR... and two expansion packs, no less... and find the game STILL has these minor irritating bugs.

I can't imagine myself ever purchasing anything Obsidian releases ever again.

their quality control is just abysmal, even if they have friendly, helpful staff. :p

I'm doing Durance's quest just fine? :blink:

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

• 2 months later...

actually... let's resurrect it YET AGAIN.. because getting the dreams is STILL very buggy, even in version 3.01 of the game, as I am using now.

no matter HOW MANY times I rest in the wilderness with Durance now, the 1st dream will simply not trigger.

at all.

sad.

one of the reasons I stopped playing the game over a year ago, is that it was literally FILLED with minor, but very irritating, bugs like this.

so I wait a whole YEAR... and two expansion packs, no less... and find the game STILL has these minor irritating bugs.

I can't imagine myself ever purchasing anything Obsidian releases ever again.

their quality control is just abysmal, even if they have friendly, helpful staff. :p

Great. And does it say something bad about the creators or maybe you? It's not a bug at all, that's how this quest is supposed to look like.

The first vision triggers after some progress within the game - reaching Act II or advancing through the main quest in Act II. The second vision triggers after doing at least one job given you by one of the gods and returning to him in Council of Stars quest in Twin Elms in Act III. And considering these conditions are met, you probably need only one rest - at the keep, inn or camp per vision.

• 2 years later...

Is this true about reaching act 2 for the first cutscene? And then act 3 for the 2nd?

Do you need to take durance along on any quests? I seem to have exhausted All dialog options, guess I need to get to act 2 and rest at a camp.

Then same for act 3? Exhaust all dialog and wait till act 3?

Not using him as a companion so would be great if I don't need to take him with me

Is this true about reaching act 2 for the first cutscene? And then act 3 for the 2nd?

Do you need to take durance along on any quests? I seem to have exhausted All dialog options, guess I need to get to act 2 and rest at a camp.

Then same for act 3? Exhaust all dialog and wait till act 3?

Not using him as a companion so would be great if I don't need to take him with me

You don't need to bring him along, you just need to trigger the the two rest. After you have spoken with Gallawain and his homies, talk to Durance.That should complete the quest.

As for exhausting dialogue I don't know but I would do it anyway to be sure.

• 3 years later...

Hello Guys!

In first place congratulations for the great game. It is wonderful to know a so rich universe. I just finished the game, but my Trials of Durance quest didn't complete. Then I'm returning to the game to complete this quest. I'm in the "Discuss your vision with Durance" part of the quest, and seem to have exhausted all the conversation options, but the quest doesn't advance. I'm playing in the Game Pass for PC, so I'm not able to change the files. My save is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oq8xofywg2bxmg2/2168f879af0447589caa350ca6c1e35b 20960176 Oldsong.savegame?dl=0

Can please you help me? I would like to finish this quest before jump the PoE2.

7 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Did you camp in the wilderness? A part of Durance's quest requires this in order to advance iirc. 

Yeah, I camped in the wilderness a lot of times, and Durance was always in the party. I will buy the White March content before move to PoE2, so I would like to solve this problem in this play.