Small Suggestion for 'Rogue Knight' Quest (spoiler)

Pighardia

Question

Hi all, really loving the game but thought I would just suggest something with regards to the quest 'Rogue Knight'.

When leaving the Cypher and being confronted by Penhlem, you have options which come down to confronting him, and giving him the affidavit. Any option other than giving him the doc result in combat, but imo it isn't clear enough that after giving him the affidavit you will still be able to get the breastplate back. You need some kind of re-arranging of the options, maybe to persuade him to give it to you in exchange for the document before just handing it over.

Cheers

Wasn't sure where to post this tbh.

4 answers to this question

I was surprised that I couldn't actually blackmail him, directly trading the affidavit for armor. I gave him the affidavit, then used that as an argument - a favor for a favor, it makes sense... and then he gave me 200 gold instead. Wut? Why didn't I have the option to scoff at the gold, perhaps with another chance to initiate combat? I mean, even the journal said I was supposed to obtain leverage, but in the end there was no blackmail involved, just killing the guy or persuading him for reasons other than my leverage. So why did I even need the affidavit? I could have just gone and killed him.

Yea, I mean the strategy guide seems to suggest you can still "disgrace him" but I have yet to understand how to do that. I am trying to acquire the breastplate while also managing good terms with the dozens if that is possible. I think you need a relatively high deception.

I was surprised that I couldn't actually blackmail him, directly trading the affidavit for armor. I gave him the affidavit, then used that as an argument - a favor for a favor, it makes sense... and then he gave me 200 gold instead. Wut? Why didn't I have the option to scoff at the gold, perhaps with another chance to initiate combat? I mean, even the journal said I was supposed to obtain leverage, but in the end there was no blackmail involved, just killing the guy or persuading him for reasons other than my leverage. So why did I even need the affidavit? I could have just gone and killed him.

But he was pressed by you and even got his army with him, no? Grateful having his secret back his mind is ready for profound arguments.

Cail The Silent- The drake coils its body protectively around something. "One day I will become a burning thing. Bright and terrible like my spark."
Quest "Cinders of Faith"

Sagani- Sagani chuckles. "Nothing against these stuffy forests, but you haven't seen the southern lights over Naasitaq."
Quest "The Long Hunt"