Hi, just wondering if anyone else is having this issue?

I made it to Gilded Vale and spoke with Eder (one of the 'known' companions).  I just followed the natural flow of the conversation...don't recall telling him to "pi** off" or anything...and he basically ended the conversation saying "Welcome to our fair town" or something.

Now, whenever I speak to him he just says that and ends dialogue.  Have I somehow missed the opportunity to recruit him?  I don't recall offending him or anything (ie. some reason he wouldn't offer to join up).

Thanks in advance for any feedback!  In the meantime, I've had to recruit an adventurer from the inn, but I'd rather have the scripted companions in my party!

There's a plot event that occurs after that conversation--I think it happens when you rest, although not sure if it has to be at the inn or not. Anyway, after that plot event talk to him again and you can recruit him.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

@Paul H after you have the vision, go talk to the dwarf hanging from the tree. Exhaust every dialogue option and then talk to Edér (at that point he'll comment about the whole "staring at the dwarf thing" to attract your attention, and h'll finally be recruitable).

Edited by Barbedbeat

@Paul H after you have the vision, go talk to the dwarf hanging from the tree. Exhaust every dialogue option and then talk to Edér (at that point he'll comment about the whole "staring at the dwarf thing" to attract your attention, and h'll finally be recruitable).

Seventeen an' a half.

• Like 2

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...