Does any one else find that the indoor maps are so dark as to be practically useless? Or have I got something set wrong? Obviously my party will be creeping around in the dark in dungeons etc, but when I open the map screen to look at where they've been I would have expected that I could actually see things...

• Like 3

Does any one else find that the indoor maps are so dark as to be practically useless? Or have I got something set wrong? Obviously my party will be creeping around in the dark in dungeons etc, but when I open the map screen to look at where they've been I would have expected that I could actually see things...

Seconded. Include outdoor maps as well.

Adjusting gamma settings doesn't make the maps bright enough either.

Dark? I haven't experienced anything like that. Maybe your "fog of war" is somehow bugged?

In my case, I suspect it has to do with visual modality -- which is to say, someone else looking at the same image would be able to make out the details, but because of the way I process the imagery, I can't.  Not visual acuity, just...  different ways of processing the data.

Same problem here with the map in particular. Obviously if you're wandering around an area under or above ground in the dark, you wouldn't expect to see much, fog of war or not, but a map that's as dark as the one I'm seeing is of little or no use, and the only useful orientation devices are the little POI rhomboids.

Edited by Kurgen

I agree. This is actually the main concern I have for the game right now - as it is the maps are pretty unusable to me because of that fog of war. Please remove the fog from explored map areas at least or add optional checkbox that removes fog of war completely to options.

Glad it isn't just me, I guess. Changing the gamma settings makes negligible difference - esp since I want to change them back as soon as I return to party view. I'd post a screenshot, but can't figure out how to hide it behind a spoiler warning (bit of a forum n00b here... :rolleyes: )

All aboard the dark maps train.

Gamma is default at 1.  The game otherwise looks fine.

Might want to file a bug report if one doesn't exist already - I'd consider this something that needs be fixed.

Kdweysh.png

Edited by Pipyui

I have the same opinion, the map is too dark, it´s hard to see which areas are already explored, because the explored areas are only a tiny little bit brighter... Hope this will be fixed with a patch (and other things too, like the German translation, the double-click bug in the inventory and other things).

The game seems to be great, but I´ve stopped playing after a short time because of the existing flaws.

We currently darken areas of the map that are beyond the line of sight of your characters. I do agree though that the inconvenience not being able to see the map clearly far out weights the value of line of sight radius information. I'll bring this up and see if we can fix in patch.

From this thread.

• Like 2

All aboard the dark maps train.

Gamma is default at 1.  The game otherwise looks fine.

Might want to file a bug report if one doesn't exist already - I'd consider this something that needs be fixed.

Kdweysh.png

That's pretty much what mine look like as well.

We currently darken areas of the map that are beyond the line of sight of your characters. I do agree though that the inconvenience not being able to see the map clearly far out weights the value of line of sight radius information. I'll bring this up and see if we can fix in patch.

From this thread.

Thank you, Pipyui - somehow I missed that thread when I did a search.