[Bug] Marked Prey becomes stuck as "Already activated" and can't be used anymore

tet666

Question

I can't use my Rangers per encounter ability "Marked Prey" ability anymore it's permanently stuck at "Already activated"
resting,going in combat or loading another save game does nothing.
I read that there was a bug like that with some Rogue and Fighter abilitys in beta so maybe it's a similar problem.

Edited by tet666

14 answers to this question

I have the same problem on my wizard. The spell Grimoire Slam Spell does the same thing. It is a 1 per encounter spell but is grayed out and says Already activated in red letters. I have tired multiple different save points to load from and nothing helps. Hopefully they patch this in the upcoming week.

Just got this bug as well on another playthrough.  Yep.  Luckily I'm saving all time redundantly now and lost probably 15 minutes to it on the same map.  Every new zone, new save.

Edited by PyriktheSo-So

Hey everybody, thank you for your feedback. The team is aware of this issue. We have a hunch that using an ability as a cutscene starts or as the game saves may cause it to remain in the activated state, but we are unsure if there are other ways this issue may arise. If anybody has any other ideas or 100% reproducible steps, it could help us pin-point the issue and find a solution. Thank you!

Could you at least do a "stupid fix"?
Like, since these are once per encounter, if you load a game or a different playfield and you're not in an encounter, just reset them?

It would at least give us a workaround.

The way that our patching system works, we have multiple fixes in at one time as we fix different big issues. We then have to make sure that version of the game runs properly as other fixes get implemented at the same time. The upcoming patch will have a retro-active fix, that whenever a game is loaded, it should reset all abilities to their proper state. Even after this upcoming patch there may still be some methods of acquiring this issue that slipped through the cracks, but if it does pop up again you should be able to save then load to fix the broken ability and continue playing.