Player character slowed movement speed

a bear named spigot

Question

Hey there. I've got the same problem. Kana is bugged as hell, Itumanak is slowed and I think that the rest are faster but I may be wrong with this one. Their movement animations are destroyed for sure.

http://speedy.sh/E5zX4/4fcc3157-7d30-4d3e-9d8f-2b29d53110d0-quicksave.savegame

Hey guys,

We looking into this. Do you guys remember when you first notice the character slowing down? Was it after a fight, save/load, or a map transition? Any detail you remember would greatly help us.

• Like 1

Got a bug :cat:?? Help us squish it!

• In your report Include your *save file* (C:\Users\YourNameHere\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity) and ...
  • PC: *output_log.txt* (In your PillarsOfEternity_Data folder)
  • Mac/Linux: *Player.log* (In your Unity folder)

• Thank you for your help!

My problem happened just after the fight. To be exact it happened at the beginning of Act 3 while going to Twin Elms. I was fighting with Spores and after the fight my characters got bugged. In stealth mode Kana is not moving at all for example.

Was after my first bounty encounter (Sly Crydel). Entered combat in stealth, all except one character was knocked out in fight (fast character definatlly KO'ed, can;t recall if slow character was KO'ed or not), was probably impacted by issue straight after fight but did not notice. Changed zone to first town (no rest or save/load) noticed party was slow (one character slow, can't move in stealth. One character fast.

KTran:

I want to say it was after a fight.  I save A LOT so I can't eliminate that.  It definitely was not after a map transition.  I was on the same map when I started noticing I could not run with my entire party.

Hey there. I've got the same problem. Kana is bugged as hell, Itumanak is slowed and I think that the rest are faster but I may be wrong with this one. Their movement animations are destroyed for sure.

http://speedy.sh/E5zX4/4fcc3157-7d30-4d3e-9d8f-2b29d53110d0-quicksave.savegame

Seems like your file storage service is currently down, I can't get the file.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

We looking into this. Do you guys remember when you first notice the character slowing down? Was it after a fight, save/load, or a map transition? Any detail you remember would greatly help us.

This happened to me. I noticed it on a character I sent to launch an attack. She was trying to cast a spell from stealth, but was detected before the spell completed casting, and combat began. She was rushed, but managed to complete her spell and somehow not die.

I play in Fast Mode, I was in scout mode, I ambushed a group of enemies by casting a long spell, was detected half-way through the cast. Did not die in the fight. Only that character is experiencing this delay.

This happened to me. I noticed it on a character I sent to launch an attack. She was trying to cast a spell from stealth, but was detected before the spell completed casting, and combat began. She was rushed, but managed to complete her spell and somehow not die.

I play in Fast Mode, I was in scout mode, I ambushed a group of enemies by casting a long spell, was detected half-way through the cast. Did not die in the fight. Only that character is experiencing this delay.

Do you happen to remember if your character was dominated/consfused during this fight?

Hey guys,

It started for me after the bounty fight with Sly Crydel. It's been a couple weeks so I can't remember the specifics of the encounter.

Heres my safegame with the in this thread described character slow issue. My Aloth is trying to imitate a snail as of now. Hopefully this will be adressed in the 1.04 Patch.

Here. BTW: You're officially the proud owner of the most mixed up save I've look at so far. You had 4 characters with speed problems, and one of them (Aloth) was the first I've seen with a non-integer speed value. That means the bug is more general than I initially assumed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f1nyk3dh9gsnpdl/9429edfc41904885afcda2f05c91e65e%2013157461%20Brighthollow.savegame?dl=0

Thank you very much! If your name would actually sound better for a child, i would name my first born after you :D

Very much appreciated!

Hey guys,

For me it started at the map transition from Od Nua lvl 11 or 12 to the first lvl, where the party is then ambushed by a bunch of acolytes.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Hey,

I think it happened just after a warden bounty fight, for the slow character that is. My fast character was bug before that.

Hey guys,

For me it was after a fight right after the end of Act 2, when the path clears there's some spores, I think the char (Eder) was dominated but no idea if there were other debuffs on him - after that he moved very slowly (posted my save to this thread) so I had to ditch him for now.

Hello here is my save game: My Monk is slowed down and my mage is a running like a rabbit...

Here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bee5toifnz3ar3l/b2db653eb588418ba355ce62ae61566e-11853509-CaedNua.savegame?dl=0

As to what I'm doing - I've managed to find out where characters' speed values are located inside the save files, and have written a small program to locate them and let me easily change them. As all characters are supposed to have the same walking and running speed values (apart from animal companions, whose default speed is also known), it's simple enough to set everything back to what it needs to be.

If the developers won't fix the speed bug in the next couple of days, I'll make my program fit for general usage and release it here.

• Like 1

Hi Stillquest thanks for what you're doing here.  Could you take a look at my save?  My barbarian Kaeyos barely moves while my cipher Suzumi is very fast.

Here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/edf4j4dp3esy2aw/be43f78524394e42830c13fb5df55c8e%2017979721%20EndlessPathsofOdNuaLevel15.savegame?dl=0

I'm not near my gaming computer at the moment, so I didn't test the save after patching it. If there's any problem, let me know.