Player character slowed movement speed

a bear named spigot

Question

Hello, sadly I faced this issue today.

I played 22 hours so far and after a bounty my Player Character (Monk) moves very slowly and he nearly stops in Stealth Mode.

I read all replies here but no answer or fix except "cheat engine" which i will not use.

So please tell me how to fix this issue. I don't have a saved game without the issue and I have to start from scratch if this bug can't be fixed.

Some testing:

I uninstalled PoE and reinstalled the Steam library backup of 1.03.

I started it .. thought I could compare with that older release ... and was forced to fetch the current patch. Game now is 1.0.3.0530.

In the test tutorial I had started and save earlier today, when loading it, Calisca and my personal character are not affected by movement speed issues anymore ... and that's really obvious when toggling Fast Mode. Really! Loading my last savegame, Fast Mode works again, too... meaning I could continue there at the risk of running into movement issues later

... but all that doesn't fix vinni's savegame as attached in this thread.

I don't think it matters which version you're on.  This bug started for me with the first unpatched version.

If I have the entire party selected, it moves everyone as slow as my player character, so even with fast mode selected, it looks like the game is running on normal speed.

If I select and move characters individually, my PC lags far behind, 3 people are slower than normal, and 2 turbo ahead of everyone else.

Would it be that hard to do a stat/status sanity check after every load, area change, or rest?  It seems like these bugs with permanent blind, movespeed changes and stacking effects are popping up everywhere.

I think I've got it. If anyone wants me to try and fix their saves, post them here. Please specify which of your characters have speed problems, and if they're not one of the default companions (main character or hired adventurers) make sure you use the exact name - including spaces and capitalization.

• Like 1

Stillquest:  Would you mind working your magic for me?  Itumaak is bugged.  Moves at the pace of stalled traffic.  Can't run or anything.  Makes him pointless in combat too.

There you go:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vwfofnge1yiomg8/670a14c7-1f20-4ad3-8400-28f091dc39a8%20quicksave.savegame?dl=0

A question, if you will - did you notice any other character (perhaps you've taken them out of the party) that started moving extremely fast at the same time Itumaak slowed down?

You are a hero!!  Totally saved my game.  I was hitting level 11 so I am a ways in.

Now that I got to play a bit -- Durance is running/walking really fast.  I couldn't tell you what triggered it.  I was fighting a lot of mobs that "dominate" my party for long duration and I thought that might have something to do with it.  I might have had Durance kill Itumaak to end his "domination" early.

I think I've got it. If anyone wants me to try and fix their saves, post them here. Please specify which of your characters have speed problems, and if they're not one of the default companions (main character or hired adventurers) make sure you use the exact name - including spaces and capitalization.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ep5j7yoi9elneu/856666a64dca4fb8b3e86cd2dd51afd0%2011271357%20Valewood.savegame?dl=0

Here is some additional info. It happened right after the bounty hunt in magrans fork. My main character got slower and Durance got faster than the rest of the party. I would be forever grateful if you could help me.

Now that I got to play a bit -- Durance is running/walking really fast.  I couldn't tell you what triggered it.  I was fighting a lot of mobs that "dominate" my party for long duration and I thought that might have something to do with it.  I might have had Durance kill Itumaak to end his "domination" early.

I suspect the problem is caused by a bugged de-buff attack on one of your characters. When a character gets hit by such an attack, their speed is reduced by a certain amount. When the de-buff ends, the game is supposed to add to lost speed back, but it seems to give it to the wrong character. Thus one will be slowed, the other accesalarated.

It'll be great if someone manages to find out which attack we're dealing with.

If you want me to fix Durance as well, send me your current save file (with Durance in the party)

Ok, I've just got another idea. I noticed a few people mentioned fights that included their characters being dominated happening just before the speed problems started. Perhaps the bug appears when a character gets a speed debuff, then gets dominated, and the debuff wears off while he's still dominated?

Here is some additional info. It happened right after the bounty hunt in magrans fork. My main character got slower and Durance got faster than the rest of the party. I would be forever grateful if you could help me.

There you go:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h8853bk3x1yrem1/57cd6ffa5b804829862f839a6a5286f4%2012981037%20Elmshore.savegame?dl=0

I think you linked me to someone elses fixed savefile.

I'm having this problem too in my current game, my party is moving at a very slow speed without fast mode, and fast mode only makes them slightly faster than normal. There's barely any difference between their current speed and slow mode too. Really annoying bug, hope it gets fixed.

Hey Stillquest: It would be so nice if you could help me with my save too!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7e5v56oh6svnhjt/bd4e6b38-75a3-4e90-a10c-8718217ccc60%20autosave.savegame?dl=0

My main character is way too slow, and Aloth is faster than he should be. There is a fight available just west of the map you spawn in (so you can use the song to boost the spd).

Heres my safegame with the in this thread described character slow issue. My Aloth is trying to imitate a snail as of now. Hopefully this will be adressed in the 1.04 Patch.

Here. BTW: You're officially the proud owner of the most mixed up save I've look at so far. You had 4 characters with speed problems, and one of them (Aloth) was the first I've seen with a non-integer speed value. That means the bug is more general than I initially assumed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f1nyk3dh9gsnpdl/9429edfc41904885afcda2f05c91e65e%2013157461%20Brighthollow.savegame?dl=0

• Like 1