All the people with funny names and soul stories...

I don't mind the writing so much. And their presence in the game is warranted given you're playing someone who can perceive peoples souls.

Next to the preponderance of godlike making up the soul story npcs, their names are the main irritation for me.

Maybe if someone made a mod that renamed them to 'villager', 'traveller', 'townsperson', 'stranger' or such like... That way, the writing can remain, but the stupid names are removed.

If this same mod could remove the monuments from the game too, I'd be happy.

Kickstarter rewards shouldn't be in-game horn-tootings like this, interfering with the immersion for all.  They should be things like hearing your name read off a backer list by someone chasing ducks, or perhaps an intimate photo booth session with the dev of your choice, or a night of animancy complete with trepanning.

Naming inns or taverns I could accept, with the proviso that the name is subject to Obsidian's editorial oversight and must fit within the setting.  On this smaller, less numerous scale, I could also accept contributed NPCs if it involved a modicum of back-and-forth so that Obsidian ensured everything meshed well with the existing lore and whatnot.

The memorials and soulbits should've been shuffled off into a secret backer kowtow level.

But what's done is done.   :thumbsup: to those who get a kick out of seeing their bit in game, and bonus points to those whose bits are actually providing some modicum of entertainment to others.

• Like 1

--/\/