Vote FOR KOTOR 2

Go to http://www.gamespot.com/ to vote for KOTOR 2 for the Hottest E3 line up.

Here are the results so far

Which of these are you most looking forward to seeing at E3?

Doom 3 472 (8%)

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords 586 (10%)

Guild Wars 76 (1%)

Half-Life 2 875 (15%)

DRIV3R 181 (3%)

Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War 83 (1%)

Final Fantasy XII 667 (12%)

Halo 2 1743 (31%)

Rome: Total War 172 (3%)

Other 656 (11%)

Well, I have to admit that I voted for Doom 3. I just can't help but go with Doom.

However, I'm disappointed that, as of this post, Halo and Final Fantasy are winning.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Until I know as much about KOTOR 2 as I do about some of those other games I cannot in good conscience vote for it. I do not have the money to buy a game just because it's a sequel to a game I like it. Maybe when we learn more about K2 I will be more interested in it than HL2 or Halo 2 but until then...

Shamelessly stole this bit of information while I was there voting...

The game is set five years after the end of the original game but in a much darker universe. The events from the end of KOTOR, which included a rather dramatic change in the Jedi population, have led to a shift in the balance between good and evil. The Old Republic is beginning to collapse because the scars inflicted upon it during the war with Darth Malak have run deep. The worlds of the Outer Rim are left to fend for themselves, while Republic forces pull back to try to maintain what order they can. Though this move is great news if you're a resident of the core systems, it kind of blows if you live in the Outer Rim.

The remnants of the Sith, who are never in a good mood to begin with, are especially punchy following their battle with the Jedi. As a result, they are preying on the unprotected worlds and are slowly gaining a sizable and dangerous presence. Your role in this darker world is rather vague at the moment. You're something of an enigma at the start of the game--even to yourself--due to a mysterious past. You'll play a Jedi who's something of a lost soul, having gone astray and lost their connection to the Force. By that we mean they're out of touch, not strapping on heavy armor and wearing lost of black. However, despite your lack of focus in the Force, you still have a pivotal role to play in the battle against the Sith and in the fate of the galaxy. Discovering exactly what this role is will be something you'll have to find out as you go through the game. Your journey of self-discovery will also shed some light on why the Sith appear to have it in for you.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The game is set five years after the end of the original game but in a much darker universe.

These words make me happy. Dark is good.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I really tried to vote for KotOR2, but my hand mysteriously slipped to Half-Life 2.. Sorry!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I voted for kotOR 2, since I'm a true and pure Star Wars fan!

not like some of you traitors!

I can't imagine why they choose Final fantasy before kotor 2?, I mean kotor is after all much more of an rpg than FF.

the only thing that means something to me on that list is kotor, HL2, rome total war and perhaps Halo2 (if it is release to PC).

/I feel soryy For those Who fell to the dark side today.

Voted for KotOR II :blink:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

i said kotor 2. simply because i want to see what obsidian is capable of. i mean i know half life 2 and halo 2 are going to rock, but i only have a destinct feeling that kotor 2 will.

halo and half life deserve to be at the top of that list though. yes i'm a FPS-whore, but those two games IMO have really yet to be surpassed, except by each other, in the last 3 years.

huh, looks like the new Bio CRPG is called dragon age and will also be announced at E3.

hard to believe they passed up the chance to do KOTOR2 to make something with such a lame title.

Sounds like a "swords 'n dragons"-game to me. Not exactly my cup of tea, but Jade Empire seems interesting.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Are you drunk? Less options then the original? There is more. Have you even read anything about the game?

Here is one ... we cannot play anything except a Jedi, not even for 5 minutes.

Thank you all, good night.

drakron.png