RFE: Add visual cue to owned items

Endrosz

Question

Some containers in Gilded Vale hold items which are considered owned and decrease your reputation with Gilded Vale. Others are free for the taking. I have not noticed anything that tells these owned items apart from non-owned ones. For example, Dyrwood's history lore book comes in 3 parts, you can take 2 without consequences, but taking the third one decreases reputation.

Please add some visual cue like in Fallout: New Vegas to show which items are considered owned. Or possibly, on the container itself.

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

2 answers to this question

When your hover over an owned container, the hand is pink. If it doesn't show in pink and you still lose reputation, that's probably a bug.

Also, I've noticed that sometimes, I'm stealthed, but the NPC:s still react by telling me to get out, but I lose no reputation, or at least I'm not told that I'm losing reputation.

t50aJUd.jpg

Aaaand I missed that pinky hand. Thanks! I should read the manual, I assumed I know everything because I watched a lot of gameplay streams during the beta.

Thread is obsolete.

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding