I wish I would have known

There's a console commands/cheat thread around somewhere and I'll try to find it and link to it. However, keep in mind that it will be, by definition, a spoiler thread. There's been some heated debate regarding a respec tool in the future, but I haven't seen anyone link to anything official for it. Because of the beta, I had this idea that maybe perception might be important for dialogue, so I actually gimped my mage and didn't put in as much in might so I could make sure he had high perception. ...And, of course, my high intelligence has made the biggest different. on the other hand, I'm barely into the game now. :Can't sheepish grin icon:

EDIT: Here's the console commands thread: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/71903-console-commandscheats/?p=1600712

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

That resolve and perception offer the most dialogue-options.

I made an int-cipher, because I thought he would be able to AE a lot in combination with a lot of dialogue-stuff.

Is there any way I can change my atributes?

I think you can alter the character who's stats are used by dragging them to the team leader position (left most portrait). So I used NPCs with different stats for different conversations - you can always hire one with the preferred stats for the conversations.

Edited by kalniel

That resolve and perception offer the most dialogue-options.

I made an int-cipher, because I thought he would be able to AE a lot in combination with a lot of dialogue-stuff.

Is there any way I can change my atributes?

I think you can alter the character who's stats are used by dragging them to the team leader position (left most portrait). So I used NPCs with different stats for different conversations - you can always hire one with the preferred stats for the conversations.

Don't think so, the PC is always the one talking so only its stats matters.

Untoggle the option that shows dialogue options for which you do not qualify. This way you'll be none the wiser. Enjoy the game and discover new approaches when you replay with a differently-statted protagonist.

Just wanted to say this. For my first playthrough, I'll play blind (or almost blind, when I'm around here). Sitched off all of the meta-gaming options, so I don't know what I "should have/could have" done. Will have them on for a consequent playthrough.

Edited by Reever

Don't sweat it, you're really not missing out on much.

If you're really desperate to see all the conversation options just cheat all your stats to 20 or whatever. I'm sure you will quickly realize it's not worth it. You're never going to get something impressive like

1. I am stupid. Please take all of money, spend it on drugs, and then report me to the police.

2. [Wisdom 20] The secrets of the universe are blooming behind my eyes, I shall now gain many levels and a magic earring.

3. [Attack] You innocent orphans have stood in my way long enough! Were I wiser I would not now attempt to murder you!

If you don't want to cheat you can stack bonuses from resting at various inns, enchanted equipment, and prostitutes' blessings to boost your stats, so you can qualify for whatever you're aiming for in a given conversation. There's an inn that gives +4 Intellect for resting there, for example.

• Like 2

Don't sweat it, you're really not missing out on much.

If you're really desperate to see all the conversation options just cheat all your stats to 20 or whatever. I'm sure you will quickly realize it's not worth it. You're never going to get something impressive like

1. I am stupid. Please take all of money, spend it on drugs, and then report me to the police.

2. [Wisdom 20] The secrets of the universe are blooming behind my eyes, I shall now gain many levels and a magic earring.

3. [Attack] You innocent orphans have stood in my way long enough! Were I wiser I would not now attempt to murder you!

If you don't want to cheat you can stack bonuses from resting at various inns, enchanted equipment, and prostitutes' blessings to boost your stats, so you can qualify for whatever you're aiming for in a given conversation. There's an inn that gives +4 Intellect for resting there, for example.

I would almost pay to see how that encounter would play out. Edited by mtroman85