Ranger companion stuck in terrain

ForgottenSpork

Question

Sagani's companion wolf got stuck in the terrain in Raedric's Hold Dungeons.

I don't know what caused this-- I was simply walking by the spot, and he got stuck.

Game save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fzx1svmefq2i9e/6d31038092174ce3a9706476e0384061%2010143130%20RaedricsHoldDungeons.savegame?dl=0

Output log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vf9bv5o3sqfj6j4/output_log.txt?dl=0

I tried knocking him down and mash-clicking to get him out, to no avail. It's not that big a deal for me because I just loaded the autosave, but this would be gamebreaking for anyone on the Trial of Iron.

5 answers to this question

Same problem for me. I did'nt succeed with knocking down at first but I retried and it work doint it this way :

- knocking down

- selecting quickly my stuck character

- clicking around a lot elsewhere on terrain to make it move as soon as he stand up

- the little dude did move. 

Same problem for me. I did'nt succeed with knocking down at first but I retried and it work doint it this way :

- knocking down

- selecting quickly my stuck character

- clicking around a lot elsewhere on terrain to make it move as soon as he stand up

- the little dude did move. 

No luck for me. But I find another workaround. All thing happen in the stronghold with animal of my custom hireling-ranger. I just switch this ranger on another character. Still one bad thing about it - in companion choice window now is added white portrait and instead of name - *ErrorName*. Animal companion had ErrorName too after this bug.

After I rerecruit my Ranger animal problem still here + recruitable white portrait still there. But I can move between areas and it is good news. 

I stuck into a crystal in Elmshore. I can not attack or knock out my cleric, while the game acts as he was in a different room. He can move in the area of the crystal, but can't get out. Others can not attack him in that "room" and spells don't have an effect for the same reason.