Best Western Strategiests are non-educated posers.

obyknven

http://youtu.be/pLeV1DsIOXo

It's best Western thinktank :facepalm:

1. "Main political goal of US (during last 100 years) is preventing of German-Russian alliance ( German technologies + Russian resources blah-blah )". Obvious bull****.

USSR after 1917 has been buffed by... US. Ford invest so strongly into Soviet industrialization (and technologies). Many European scientists (Germans also) went into new Soviet republic also. In this times USSR has superior technologies in comparison with defeated in WW1 Germany.  In later times USSR share these Soviet technologies with backward Germany during 30-s (Soviet-German partnership).  

Yet later after WW2 US politics has been changed - hostility against USSR - because US occupy Western Europe and become pretender  to world dominance.  But anyway in this period USSR has superior technologies also and backward Germany (who partially has  been a ally to USSR) absolutely non-important for Soviet Empire. In other words what this guy talking is a nonsense. 

2. Romans don't conquer other nations by military might, but manipulate by puppet states.  :banghead: . Yes, when Romans degraded  into helpless morons they try manipulate by neighbors, but this is ended so fast by... total destruction of Roman Empire. Other example is how degraded Arabic rulers trying manipulate by Turkic tribes. This is cause end of Arabic  Caliphates and transform Arabs into pathetic  beggars  under Turkic rule. Other examples - Caliphate of Córdoba - (Arabs totally fail to Berbers and Christian states by same reason), British and other colonial "Empires" etc. This is never working, only agonized nations try do this but by this they never prevent own fail.  This guy talking bull**** again.     

3. "Murica don't known German plans". Wait-wait. Germany YET OCCUPIED BY US/BRITISH military forces, German funds stored in US and Germany can't manipulate by own moneys, Germany during last year shot by own leg by anti-Russsian sanctions only because Murica say to them do this... but by words of this guy Murica can predict behavior of own submissive puppet! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

And this poser is most smart member of Western Elites :rolleyes:. Yep, it's really bad news for the West.

Do you really have to always open new thread for those posts?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I dunno, Best Western has been around for some 70 years and they have over 4000 hotels worldwide.  Clearly, they're doing something right.

Entrance4_Best_Western_Rt%203_smaller.jp

:brows:

• Like 15

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

^Yeah, but you don't get as good a buff as if you would have stayed Holiday Inn Express. :(

Like any chain hotel breakfast is worth eating anyways.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Maybe Oby has a point. Did you guys ever play the first Medieval Total War game? For some reason the Rus generals always had 5-6 stars. Of course it didn't help because they were all wiped out by the Mongols in mid-game anyway. Much like in real life come to think of it!   :lol:

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Maybe Oby has a point. Did you guys ever play the first Medieval Total War game? For some reason the Rus generals always had 5-6 stars. Of course it didn't help because they were all wiped out by the Mongols in mid-game anyway. Much like in real life come to think of it! :lol:

If I was playing as an Iberian faction in the early game, I ALWAYS tried to bribe El Cid to join my faction. Best Western general.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

What Stratfort think we do.

ukraine_graphics_scenarios_landbridge.jp

ukraine_graphics_scenarios_coastline.jpg

ukraine_graphics_scenarios_dnieper.jpg

What really we do.

http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/reptiles/komodo-dragon/

Animals that escape the jaws of a Komodo will only feel lucky briefly. Dragon saliva teems with over 50 strains of bacteria, and within 24 hours, the stricken creature usually dies of blood poisoning. Dragons calmly follow an escapee for miles as the bacteria takes effect, using their keen sense of smell to hone in on the corpse

We biting them and watch how they rotten alive now.  We only run these processes by actions in Crimea, but they destroy yourself by own hands....

47.gif

Germany during last year shot by own leg by anti-Russsian sanctions only because Murica say to them do this...

Are we talking about the same Germany and Russia....?

Germany is an economic powerhouse, in some ways moreso than the USA when you simply factor in the relative size of Germany's economy given how much smaller it is population-wise; smaller economy, sure, but it never ceases to amaze me that Germany exported more goods than any other nation (including China) until like 2009. There's a reason Germany specifically comes up in such discussions. I'm just glad Greece is so lazy cause it keeps the Euro value in check so that when I need to convert my cash, it's not annoying as hell.

Russia? Your ruble is crashing and burning.

Why do you conclude from here that Germany is the one suffering for the sanctions?

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Germany during last year shot by own leg by anti-Russsian sanctions only because Murica say to them do this...

Germany is an economic powerhouse, in some ways moreso than the USA when you simply factor in the relative size of Germany's economy given how much smaller it is population-wise; smaller economy, sure, but it never ceases to amaze me that Germany exported more goods than any other nation (including China) until like 2009. There's a reason Germany specifically comes up in such discussions. I'm just glad Greece is so lazy cause it keeps the Euro value in check so that when I need to convert my cash, it's not annoying as hell.

Why do you conclude from here that Germany is the one suffering for the sanctions?

Lol. So much brainwashed.

Euro fail and become equal to US dollar. 

http://www.crikey.com.au/2015/03/12/business-bites-euro-down-chinas-reason-to-frown-banks-go-to-ground/

European bonds reach historical minimum.

http://news.yahoo.com/german-italian-spanish-government-bond-yields-hit-lows-110355235.html

Most powerful German  corporations suffer loses  - stock down and jobs cutting.

http://seekingalpha.com/news/2351086-sap-to-cut-2200-in-new-round-of-layoffs

http://www.osw.waw.pl/en/publikacje/analyses/2015-03-25/german-companies-suffer-losses-russia

Economical crisis coming into Europe, but naive  Europeans think their economics can stay untouched. Dude, in modern world of global economics such exceptions just impossible, this crisis hurt to anyone.

Actually only one reaction to Russian actions in Crimea can be - military intervention, but Murica (and Obama personally) so weak for this. For masking of own weakness they impose sanctions against Russia... but economic crisis in Russia certainly cause economic crisis in EU and global economic crisis. In result even US will suffer so much from this, it's a price of Murican elites stupidity.  

Lol. So much brainwashed.

Euro fail and become equal to US dollar. 

http://www.crikey.com.au/2015/03/12/business-bites-euro-down-chinas-reason-to-frown-banks-go-to-ground/

European bonds reach historical minimum.

http://news.yahoo.com/german-italian-spanish-government-bond-yields-hit-lows-110355235.html

Most powerful German  corporations suffer loses  - stock down and jobs cutting.

http://seekingalpha.com/news/2351086-sap-to-cut-2200-in-new-round-of-layoffs

http://www.osw.waw.pl/en/publikacje/analyses/2015-03-25/german-companies-suffer-losses-russia

Economical crisis coming into Europe, but naive  Europeans think their economics can stay untouched. Dude, in modern world of global economics such exceptions just impossible, this crisis hurt to anyone.

Actually only one reaction to Russian actions in Crimea can be - military intervention, but Murica (and Obama personally) so weak for this. For masking of own weakness they impose sanctions against Russia... but economic crisis in Russia certainly cause economic crisis in EU and global economic crisis. In result even US will suffer so much from this, it's a price of Murican elites stupidity.  

Dude I watch that exchange weekly. I use that exchange. Dollar-to-euro was like .80 cents, after sanctions it went up to .92, briefly hit .96 when Greece was screwing up AGAIN, now it's back down at .92. That does not equate with "Germany is suffering economically." It's a combination of multiple things. It means that in Russia's efforts to combat the dying ruble, they probably tried to get the dollar moreso than the euro, AKA demand for the dollar went up. It's also a simple matter of Greece. Google "euro" ffs and you'll find countless stories over the past few months about Greece. Greece is a huge economic liability.

YOUR argument makes no sense because you're arguing a software company was forced into some lay-offs because of sanctions with Russia. You also seem to have not even read your second article regarding stocks down and job cutting. That article isn't saying "German companies are suffering due to sanctions," that article is saying "German companies underestimated the sanction and the severity of issues with the Russian economy and they lost some money over it. Many of them are now pulling out of Russia entirely in a belief the Russian economy will only get worse and will not be worth the effort." The article is about how you are royally screwed.

You cannot imagine how bewildered I am right now. Germany is an economic powerhouse. One of the three largest economies in the world while having only a fraction of the population of the other two. The euro is not falling because of German struggles, the euro is falling because the euro encompasses the economies of multiple european states, amongst them Portugal, Italy, Greece and Spain, who all have rather lackluster economies with Greece being the worst of the lot. You are interpreting "the euro took some hits" as "ECONOMIC CRISIS" when googling "euro" or "greece" would make it clear what's going on. You are also failing to google the god damned ruble and see that the damned thing is dead in the water. I didn't know it was possible for a person to project their economic problems onto another country....

Listen, have fun sitting there with your smug belief things are better in Russia than they are in Germany. We'll be over here not even noticing any problems and yelling at Greece to get off their asses.

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

You cannot imagine how bewildered I am right now. Germany is an economic powerhouse. One of the three largest economies in the world while having only a fraction of the population of the other two. The euro is not falling because of German struggles, the euro is falling because the euro encompasses the economies of multiple european states, amongst them Portugal, Italy, Greece and Spain, who all have rather lackluster economies with Greece being the worst of the lot. You are interpreting "the euro took some hits" as "ECONOMIC CRISIS" when googling "euro" or "greece" would make it clear what's going on. You are also failing to google the god damned ruble and see that the damned thing is dead in the water. I didn't know it was possible for a person to project their economic problems onto another country....

Listen, have fun sitting there with your smug belief things are better in Russia than they are in Germany. We'll be over here not even noticing any problems and yelling at Greece to get off their asses.

Ah, yes. The typical "it's all the PIGS' fault!" excuse.

http://www.dw.de/frances-flailing-economy-endangering-the-eurozone/a-18072388

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11101137/Sick-Frances-economy-is-stricken-by-unemployment-fever.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/08/germany-jobs-idUSL5E8D738E20120208

http://www.dw.de/poverty-in-germany-at-its-highest-since-reunification/a-18268757

May I suggest that the reason why you aren't "even noticing any problems" is that, perhaps, you rely on Google a bit too much? I recommend Startpage. ;)

And don't bother "yelling" so much. No one is listening, anyway.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Startpage is just google through a proxy. I'd only use it if you actually want google results.

I recommend ixquick or duckduckgo as better alternatives to google. Of course there's other alternatives (that track you near as much or as much as google does though) such as Yahoo, Bing, Ask, etc.

2. Romans don't conquer other nations by military might, but manipulate by puppet states.  :banghead: . Yes, when Romans degraded  into helpless morons they try manipulate by neighbors, but this is ended so fast by... total destruction of Roman Empire. Other example is how degraded Arabic rulers trying manipulate by Turkic tribes. This is cause end of Arabic  Caliphates and transform Arabs into pathetic  beggars  under Turkic rule. Other examples - Caliphate of Córdoba - (Arabs totally fail to Berbers and Christian states by same reason), British and other colonial "Empires" etc. This is never working, only agonized nations try do this but by this they never prevent own fail.  This guy talking bull**** again.     

This made me giggle.

You do realize that half of the reason that Rome was successful was because of a nearby state would start to think about being hostile towards Rome, they'd smash it, install a new leader, and wander off.

They really didn't want to actually govern squat, but just did so because they couldn't stop people from being on  their borders and not going along with Roman policies.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Well, that's what the Romans said. It's basically propaganda, Rome pulled some extraordinarily shady stuff to justify its territorial acquisitiveness including things like claiming entire cities were not were they actually were and clients had a very... odd tendency to leave their kingdoms to Rome rather than their children. Most ancient historians are embarrassingly partisan*, much more so than even modern ones. Then again, oby's version doesn't really bear much resemblance either except perhaps as an off kilter reference to foederati. Most 'allied' Roman tribes/ kingdoms had ended up becoming genuine Roman land by C1 AD, and most of their neighbours didn't have recognised kings to depose or were too strong/ competent to do so (Parthians, Hermann/ Arminius)

Or as someone else put it with deep sarcasm: Rome, the only city to end up with an empire by only ever fighting purely defensive wars against aggressors.

Oh yeah, stratfor is pretty rubbish, but they certainly aren't in any sense 'the best western strategists', they're armchair generals with a reasonably prominent online following.

*Which is why Thucydides is so good. About the only bias he displays is against Cleon, the guy who got him Ostracised. Yes, it's biannual Thucydides appreciation time.

Startpage is just google through a proxy. I'd only use it if you actually want google results.

I recommend ixquick or duckduckgo as better alternatives to google. Of course there's other alternatives (that track you near as much or as much as google does though) such as Yahoo, Bing, Ask, etc.

I know about Startpage (it says it's Google right there, hard not to notice...). I was being facetious, that's what the ";)" was meant to convey... guess I failed.

I used to have DDG as my default search engine some time ago but grew tired of how slow it ran. If it's gotten better I may try it again. I've been getting "our servers are overloaded, come back later" on and off from Startpage, so it's as good a time as any to change. Never used ixquick, though.

I suppose the point is, whatever you put in a search engine, you're bound to get results that "support" the pov of the day. Bleh.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Ah, yes. The typical "it's all the PIGS' fault!" excuse.

http://www.dw.de/frances-flailing-economy-endangering-the-eurozone/a-18072388

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11101137/Sick-Frances-economy-is-stricken-by-unemployment-fever.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/08/germany-jobs-idUSL5E8D738E20120208

http://www.dw.de/poverty-in-germany-at-its-highest-since-reunification/a-18268757

May I suggest that the reason why you aren't "even noticing any problems" is that, perhaps, you rely on Google a bit too much? I recommend Startpage. ;)

And don't bother "yelling" so much. No one is listening, anyway.

I do not understand your post. I do not understand how you perceived me as "yelling," I do not understand how the implication seems to be that you think Greece is actually in great condition (surely you don't think this...?), I do not understand why you reference France as if I ever claimed France was picture perfect or even said France's name, nor do I understand what's with this hipster Google vs. Startpage thing going here, firstly because it immediately assumes I googled for news about Greece (though I guess you could've gotten that from my talk about how you can google euro, ruble, Greece or anything related to clearly see how the sanctions have affected things or how bad Greece news aligns with euro value), secondly because I just find the idea that one search engine will blatantly lie to you while another won't to be nothing short of ridiculous. Where I live, the public transit buses have news displayed on screens for all to read as you ride the bus, not to mention every bakery has newspapers on display regularly, not to mention I have to touch on economics while studying law. That's where I got Greece and PIGS from: from the news and from my own education. It's constantly in the news both because it's warranted and because some of the....how can I put it...more nationalistic (not as in their nazis, but rather they exhibit that "MY COUNTRY BEST COUNTRY EVER" attitude you can find in any country) newspapers just love to rant about Greece and remind of it's problems.

Furthermore, you linked one article referencing Germany, and sadly it's again somewhat misinformed. Oby's implication is that our economy is suffering, at least that's how I took it. While the article you linked is still very much relevant news that's interesting to everyone, it doesn't say a whole lot about the health of the economy, but rather expresses concern for the fact that the lower class within Germany is growing; it's a concern for Germany's income equality, which used to be a point of pride.

Is it a concern for the economy? Long term it could be, but if you want to talk about the economy suffering, then we're talking about unacceptable inflation rates, high levels of unemployment, a poor GDP and various other factors. Germany exhibits none of these and has a very healthy GDP.

If you personally are more concerned with the well-being of German citizens and they're satisfaction of living, given the article? The average monthly income in Germany is €2,000 a month (this I did google, for obvious reasons), 60% less than that is €800 a month. While it's obvious no one would want to earn as little as €800 a month, that's far from a life of suffering and poverty.

And again, even IF you wish to remain critical of those things, I'm STILL confused by your post seeing as how this topic is within the context of who gets hurt worse by economic sanctions, in which the clear answer is Russia. It's essentially a different discussion in which you would wish to be critical of Germany's problems as no state is perfect and there's always room for improvement (on a personal level I AM troubled by the article you linked, not so much because the reprocussions affect me now but because sometimes I fear Germany tries to be more like the USA when it shouldn't, and income inequality is an all too common truth within the US), but if we were to compare Germany to Russia, then Germany's problems are practically "problems." It's peanuts by comparison; a "poor" German is still earning more than the average Russian.

Edited by Longknife

Well, that's what the Romans said. It's basically propaganda, Rome pulled some extraordinarily shady stuff to justify its territorial acquisitiveness including things like claiming entire cities were not were they actually were and clients had a very... odd tendency to leave their kingdoms to Rome rather than their children. Most ancient historians are embarrassingly partisan*, much more so than even modern ones. Then again, oby's version doesn't really bear much resemblance either except perhaps as an off kilter reference to foederati. Most 'allied' Roman tribes/ kingdoms had ended up becoming genuine Roman land by C1 AD, and most of their neighbours didn't have recognised kings to depose or were too strong/ competent to do so (Parthians, Hermann/ Arminius)

The thing is that they'd spin off stable nations into clients (This happened quite a bit in the middle east) and only move back in to retake the territory when things got... unruly(/halflife2).

I mean one of the reasons the Jewish population in Israel was so antagonized by the local roman government was that it was a client state, and the troops in the area were locals who had beef with the Jews. While we consider it to be Roman as a whole, the fact of the matter is they were (technically) their own nation.

Although Romans were hilarious about fulfilling the letter, but not the intent, of the laws/rituals. The way they declared war was by sending an emissary to the enemy's territory, throwing a spear in their territory and declaring the demands that would appease them, with a note saying "We'll check back in a day for if this has been done!"

Well that became inconvenient when the enemy could be weeks or months away of Rome, so they designated a field on the Field of Mars as generic "Enemy Territory" and would perform the ritual there rather than actually giving the enemy a chance to come up with the demands.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

[snip]

I didn't perceive you were yelling, that was in reply to you saying "We'll be over here not even noticing any problems and yelling at Greece to get off their asses", which I take exception to (Greece isn't a Reichskommissariat, bro), but above everything else, I find utterly pointless. Want them to "get off their asses"? Stop lending them money. The Google/Startpage remark was facetious as I already explained, made even more so by the fact that Startpage is Google for all intents and purposes (save privacy).

I do not doubt that the current climate in Germany is to blame the PIGS for all of Europe's woes. A not completely unfounded view, but skewed. The links I posted meant to illustrate that it's in fact France's, Europe's second largest economy, that is a much bigger cause for concern than the PIGS, a fact you glossed over as it doesn't fit very well with the mainstream discourse. The links dealing with the "German [mini]jobs miracle" thing and growing poverty and inequality illustrate how the great macroeconomic figures you wield to claim that Germany is an economic powerhouse (which it is) mean very little as far as actual people's living standards are concerned. The whole growth paradigm is hogwash, because economies growing by eleventy bajillions of make-believe money doesn't mean much if the majority's purchasing power is steadily decreasing. That's what the widening income gap means.

Your reply was in the context of who is being hurt the most by sanctions, which is a matter I ignored completely. Rather, I was replying to your half-truths and oversimplifications, and especially your own self-contradiction when you simultaneously assert that the dollar-to-Euro exchange is dependent on multiple factors and then launch into a diatribe against Greece. Don't take this as a criticism of Germany, a defense of Greece, or a rebuttal motivated by a hurt patriotic pride. The accepted narrative makes my skin crawl, is all.

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 1

[snip]

I didn't perceive you were yelling, that was in reply to you saying "We'll be over here not even noticing any problems and yelling at Greece to get off their asses", which I take exception to (Greece isn't a Reichskommissariat, bro), but above everything else, I find utterly pointless. Want them to "get off their asses"? Stop lending them money. The Google/Startpage remark was facetious as I already explained, made even more so by the fact that Startpage is Google for all intents and purposes (save privacy).

I do not doubt that the current climate in Germany is to blame the PIGS for all of Europe's woes. A not completely unfounded view, but skewed. The links I posted meant to illustrate that it's in fact France's, Europe's second largest economy, that is a much bigger cause for concern than the PIGS, a fact you glossed over as it doesn't fit very well with the mainstream discourse. The links dealing with the "German [mini]jobs miracle" thing and growing poverty and inequality illustrate how the great macroeconomic figures you wield to claim that Germany is an economic powerhouse (which it is) mean very little as far as actual people's living standards are concerned. The whole growth paradigm is hogwash, because economies growing by eleventy bajillions of make-believe money doesn't mean much if the majority's purchasing power is steadily decreasing. That's what the widening income gap means.

Your reply was in the context of who is being hurt the most by sanctions, which is a matter I ignored completely. Rather, I was replying to your half-truths and oversimplifications, and especially your own self-contradiction when you simultaneously assert that the dollar-to-Euro exchange is dependent on multiple factors and then launch into a diatribe against Greece. Don't take this as a criticism of Germany, a defense of Greece, or a rebuttal motivated by a hurt patriotic pride. The accepted narrative makes my skin crawl, is all.

These forums are amazing, if you ever want a perspective that goes against the accepted  facts of a particular political  or economic reality I can guarantee you will find at least one person, maybe two, who will you give you that perspective through a series of specious posts 

Why is it so hard to just accept things? Is it because of the anti-Western sentiment  that some of you have convinced yourself about ? I don't know, I find it fascinating

Germany is an economic powerhouse and is instrumental in the continued sustainability of the EU. We want the EU to succeed and the EU is an important contributor  towards the worlds economy and plays an even more important part as a block of Western aligned countries..you should be unequivocally supportive of the EU 2133...I mean what reality do you suggest for a world where the EU fails ?

The PIGS countries are primarily responsible for there economic state  but on different levels and austerity and fiscal reformation are the paths they need to follow to redeem there economies. By the way Spain is on the road to recovery so it can be done and its not unreasonable to expect them to reform

You say the solution  is " to just not lend Greece money",  you do realize that the EU and other bailouts to Greece were needed or Greece would have become bankrupt and been unable to pay its various public sector salary bills and other debts. So the EU had no choice to lend Greece money unless you feel Greece should just leave the EU ...or be kicked out which wouldn't have helped anyone 

:)

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Having other europeans countries fighting among themselves is always beneficial to Russia.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Having other europeans countries fighting among themselves is always beneficial to Russia.

Exactly..and we don't want a weakened EU in the face of the  rise of Russian hegemony and military aggression 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

This made me giggle.

You do realize that half of the reason that Rome was successful was because of a nearby state would start to think about being hostile towards Rome, they'd smash it, install a new leader, and wander off.

They really didn't want to actually govern squat, but just did so because they couldn't stop people from being on  their borders and not going along with Roman policies.

s8906387.jpg

Lol. You say that only because Westlings are too weak for cosplay of warlike Romans.

Exactly..and we don't want a weakened EU in the face of the  rise of Russian hegemony and military aggression 

We? Location:Johannesburg, South Africa :rolleyes: