Marked Prey not being applied

Cronstintein

Question

Just picked up the ranger companion but it seems like her Marked Prey isn't doing any extra damage.  Hard to tell for sure because you can't see the damage roll but I'm getting lots of damage strikes below 20 before DR is applied from both her and her pet. :(

Too bad because that actually seemed like a useful talent to take out prime targets.

11 answers to this question

I think there are a lot of damage caculate problems in the game now.

Oh they are definitely in hard-core QA mode right now, I would imagine.  It's a bummer but not surprising when dealing with complicated games like this.  I just hope they can get a hot-patch out soon fixing the major bugs.  I'm not sure this talent qualifies compared to some of the other game-breaking stuff, but it would be nice!

I'm wondering if it's actually a +20% bonus. If so, it's pretty subtle and harder to notice. There are some errant tooltips for abilities that say they trigger at below 50 endurance, when they actually trigger at below 50% endurance. They need to fix this.

Seems incredibly imbalanced if it was actually +20 extra damage, oh so exploitable with a fast attack speed...

Also not sure if marking prey allows for all Rangers/Pets in party to gain the bonus against that target. Again, hard to tell with the current implementation

I'm wondering if it's actually a +20% bonus. If so, it's pretty subtle and harder to notice. There are some errant tooltips for abilities that say they trigger at below 50 endurance, when they actually trigger at below 50% endurance. They need to fix this.

Seems incredibly imbalanced if it was actually +20 extra damage, oh so exploitable with a fast attack speed...

Also not sure if marking prey allows for all Rangers/Pets in party to gain the bonus against that target. Again, hard to tell with the current implementation

Yeah, when I look at damage rolls with the marked prey target, it looks like there's only a small additional bit of damage applied. Could be 20%

I have the same problem, but with weapons. Picked up a pistol and a blade with "Marking" properties, at first it worked and even showed an icon at enemy status bar. But then after some hours, its it gone.... no accuracy bonus and no icon at enemy target. 

So I had the same problem and did some minor testing. Mainly because I wanted to find out which class would be best for a high damage blunderbuss build. The idea was that the 6 hits from the blunderbuss would trigger marked prey 6 times. Right?

Well turns out that the bonus damage seems completely random. I got bonus numbers reaching from 0.1 to 17.5. They also are in no relation to the main attack damage as I had grazes that did 1.2 base damage with an additional 9.0 bonus damage and regular hits with 8.5 damage and 2.1 bonus damage. The skills description also seems rather odd. 20 damage... of what? Does it take DR into acount? Is it raw damage? Does it 100% trigger on hit? It doesnt tell you.

So the only reasonable explanation I could come up with is: Marked Prey adds up to 20 bonus raw damage. This is the only thing that could explain the highly inconsistent non-related bonus damage. But I haven't tested it much further so dont quote me on that,