Does Recovery Time affect the speed of building the 3 chants?

When Kana joined the party he has some armor which has a -50% recovery time. Would changing that armor to something which has less RT speed up his chants. IE. Take less time to build up the 3 chants required for an invocation.

Or is there anything else I can do to reduce the time it takes to build the 3 chants?

Cheers!

Doesn't look like it affects it at all, only when you cast the spell does it affect it.  I am a chanter and Kana and I have our 3 phrases ready at the same time.  I tested with me wearing -40% and him wearing -5% armour.

Thanks for testing that. Maybe there is some other way of speeding up the chants. Or maybe the battles will take longer later on, so making the chanter more viable.

By the way, do you know if the number of chants in a song changes how long it takes to get to 3 chants?

EG. If I have a song with only 1 repeating chant, will that build the 3 chants needed for an invocation quicker than a song with 3 chants?

Complicated stuff! ;)

Doesn't look like it affects it at all, only when you cast the spell does it affect it.  I am a chanter and Kana and I have our 3 phrases ready at the same time.  I tested with me wearing -40% and him wearing -5% armour.

Thanks for testing that. Maybe there is some other way of speeding up the chants. Or maybe the battles will take longer later on, so making the chanter more viable.

By the way, do you know if the number of chants in a song changes how long it takes to get to 3 chants?

EG. If I have a song with only 1 repeating chant, will that build the 3 chants needed for an invocation quicker than a song with 3 chants?

Complicated stuff! ;)

I had another thought last night, it makes sense for them not to be faster, because the phrases of the chants themselves provide spell effects anyway.  So it would sometimes be detrimental for the chants to be too short.  

In most of the normal battles I get about 2-3 spells fired off.   I did notice that different phrases have different lengths so there may be ones that are quite short where you can fire off spells more often.