I'm having a blast, guys.

I'm proud to say I backed this game back in the kickstarter offering, as I have been a fan of the dev team for a very long time, and my hopes were most definitely fulfilled. I am absolutely loving the game so far.

These games for me, are not about how hard the battles are, tactics, or any of that. It's the roleplaying that I have been missing in so many games in the last decade or more. This game provides roleplaying in spades, and I am happier than a pig in slop. :)

Thanks guys, I guarantee you, if you start a new project for another classic RPG game, I will be one of the first to step up and back it. This is SO awesome!

Now I'm going to get back to adventuring.. just had to take a short break to make sure my appreciation is expressed. :)

Eric

• Like 6

I second this opinion :p Other than some critical bugs (such at the one in Raedric's hold that causes a crash without fail), this game is the game I've been yearning to play since the original Neverwinter Nights. Thank you and I look forward to the documentary. the Little mini documentary posted on paradox was very touching and really puts things into perspective. The risk was not only with the backers, but with the company itself.

If this game retains the awesomeness  of my first 18 hrs of play, it will surpass my beloved Baldur's gate 2 as my all time favorite game ever. So far this game has far exceeded my expectations. The writing is fantastic and the combat is rewarding and very gratifying.  I am loving every minute of it.

I like the combat also but being 10 hours in I must say the characters seem lifeless.Aloth was my first and it seemed like a simple Viconia situation.With Viconia it felt intense and I had no idea if she should burn or I should rescue her.Aloth is a wise crack and I chose rescue because I needed a party member.Why not make the reason they were gonna kill him was because he is Aedyr?

Eder was next and that was also quite uninventive.Why was he just standing around waiting to be killed.I would of made the bar keep at the Inn ask for help in getting Eder out of town,supposedly they are looking to hang him,and tells you to search in an abandoned house in town where he is hiding out.

Durance was standing in front of a statue waiting by chance for his life partner to stroll by.Could of done some funny sleeping scene where he appears in the middle of the night and wakes you up in bed.You awake in the middle of the night with a very intense looking mans face inches from yours with one strange eye wandering off as if he is surveying your sleeping friends.Shhhhhhh,don't make a sound and wake anyone up as these words are for your ears only.

Notice how not one mention of a character in any reviews?Gotta say though the story is deep and gooooooooooooood!! :biggrin:

Edited by wolfstriked

I like the combat also but being 10 hours in I must say the characters seem lifeless.Aloth was my first and it seemed like a simple Viconia situation.With Viconia it felt intense and I had no idea if she should burn or I should rescue her.Aloth is a wise crack and I chose rescue because I needed a party member.Why not make the reason they were gonna kill him was because he is Aedyr?

Eder was next and that was also quite uninventive.Why was he just standing around waiting to be killed.I would of made the bar keep at the Inn ask for help in getting Eder out of town,supposedly they are looking to hang him,and tells you to search in an abandoned house in town where he is hiding out.

Durance was standing in front of a statue waiting by chance for his life partner to stroll by.Could of done some funny sleeping scene where he appears in the middle of the night and wakes you up in bed.You awake in the middle of the night with a very intense looking mans face inches from yours with one strange eye wandering off as if he is surveying your sleeping friends.Shhhhhhh,don't make a sound and wake anyone up as these words are for your ears only.

Notice how not one mention of a character in any reviews?Gotta say though the story is deep and gooooooooooooood!! :biggrin:

First truly interesting companion I´ve seen is Grieving Mother to be honest. Rest range from meh (Aloth, Eder) to ok (Durance, Sagani). Druid dude did not seem very interesting either and Kana is the humor companion or something. Haven`t seen the last one yet.

It's been a great game so far. I just want to say that the writing is outstanding. Those of you choosing to not play because you don't like reading, well in my opinion you are missing out. I would like to see AI scripts eventually added for the companions, but that's about it.

First truly interesting companion I´ve seen is Grieving Mother to be honest. Rest range from meh (Aloth, Eder) to ok (Durance, Sagani). Druid dude did not seem very interesting either and Kana is the humor companion or something. Haven`t seen the last one yet.

Kana is so dry I am getting rid of him as soon as possible. ;(

I'm enjoying the game myself aswell. The writing is superb. I have just passed the Act 1 and I've sink 32 hours allready! Been looking around -beutiful art- but not trying to find everything couse I dont want to complete %100 but chasing rumors, learning the history or organising my library!?... Having blast :w00t:

Started on hard but cut out all "helpfull" things. Because of my high level the combat is become much easy now in main quest. Didnt follow the main quest much, as you can tell. As soon as I finish I'm deffinitly gona start another on hardest difficulty. PoE has allready earned "a classic rpg" in my heart.

Edited by ruzen

Kana - "Sorry. It seems I'm not very good at raising spirits." Kana winces. "That was unintentional."

I am EXTREMELY pleased, personally. I am very much enjoying everything - the only niggles I have are very minor (a few typos, inevitable in a game this size, not so fond of the grave titles, because, while there are a few funny ones, a lot of them are a bit imersion breaking. Still, if a thing I could entirely ignore if it really bothered me because other people playing for the priviledge is what got us the game, I can't really complain! The other kickstarter NPCs are interesting, but it's bit of a shame that's all the interaction is limited to.)

I actually, *gasp* really like the group stealth. For probably the first time in... EVER, I'm investing in a rank or two of Stealth for my whole party! (My Cipher can take care of the mechanics, I have one good Lore guy, everything else is a bit of a bonus!)

I am enjoying the combat - making resting a finite resource means I'm pacing myself and using the per rest resouces more sparingly (I tended to nona-rest-nova in the older IE games - where you sort of had to.) Here, because you have resources that come back (like endurance), I find myself ALMOST likening it to D&D 4E (only done, in my opinion, rather better.)

Having to set the autopause up to go much more often is something I've had to get used to, if for no other reason than the characters not auto-targeting enemies when one dies (and it's not right next to them).

• Like 1

Yep, the game simply rocks. I can't remember the last time I *really* enjoyed a game that I want to return to and keep playing. Writing is top notch. The game sucked me in straight away and now I can't wait for extra long weekend coming up (in Australia) so I can play for more than an hour at a time!

• Like 1

I am enjoying the game far more than the beta, that's for sure. I think the class design is still FUBAR, and most of the spells are sorely deficient, but I am enjoying this game (even the combat) even so. It's beautiful, the mood is superb, the skill check "adventure books" are excellent, the music is surprisingly good, and the dialogue (of course) is great. I also find some complaints I've read about the voice acting to be entirely unfounded. This is going quite well I think.

• Like 1

I was sold after 5 minutes in the game: Mass murderer guy in caravan camp says: "Put down your weapons, or...!". When reading my characters reply (monk), I started to respect the game. Loved the game from that moment. Not sure about the story though. While the writing is nice, the story/universe are a bit... complicated.

Edited by paz12

Story is very good so far not saying spoilers but im enjoying it..Just got my keep..Its been challenging at times..Some things id change but not many..Like i said in a previous thread..Priests an druids are meant for healers..An i do miss those aspects from dnd..Some battles u can really use a healer type..Other than that 8 hours today on my day off..Im about 15 hours in..Ive yet to get to the first big city an having a ball..There is suppose to be two if i remember right..Plus ive not even gone into the big dungeon yet..Just learned about it also very interesting the dungeon how it came to be..

Same here. I've just started the game.  Took me a couple of days to figure out the class I wanted to play lol.  I haven't agonized this much over character creation since BGII :D  I'm still at the beginning and I absolutely love this game.  Brings back so many memories.  Also I really enjoy the cutscenes with the dialogue.  I've seen a person complaining there was no video cutscenes and it was just words with a bit of drawing to it but I for one think it is the perfect choice.  I love the whole choose your own adventure feel to it and it had me on the edge of my seat so much more than any video animation could.  I'm very pleased with the game and am so thankful Obsidian made POE.  I've been waiting decades for this :)