Ending any quest results in an infinite exp-gain loop

Sebulrn

Question

Ever since i cleared a part of Dyrford Crossing (the dragon egg, a part of the oger/spider-cave), every quest results in some kind of endless exp-loop.
I tried to end three quests in Dyrford Village and the result is always the same...

The message "Party gained N experience" simply wont stop anymore. Due to this, i can't change the location or save the game.

For the necessary files, please check this link: http://www.file-upload.net/download-10479310/data.zip.html

Edited by Sebulrn

14 answers to this question

Approved this thread and removed Duplicate.

No problem on the duplicate thread, sebulrn.  New members are moderated briefly  in order to keep out nasty spambots, so you won't always see your posts and threads straight away.  We try to get them pushed through as quickly as possible.  With the game just hitting the shelves the past couple of days, it's been busy, buy you'll be posting free and clear very soon.  :Cant's broad grin icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I am encountering the same bug. It first occurred during the quest "At All Costs" after delivering the package to the NPC at the Goose Inn in Copperlane. An infinite XP gain loop initiates after completing this portion of the quest. 

In an attempt to resolve the issue myself, I tried to complete another quest to see if the bug would repeat itself elsewhere. Even completing a quest which awarded 0 experience resulted in the same XP loop bug. 

This bug is hindering any significant progression on my game file. 

Below is a link to the requested files.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rohyjtq5mt6bh29/PoE-XPbug.zip?dl=0

While trying to avoid ending quests, i ended up preparing a few bounties (from my warden's lodge).

I've been able to kill most of the monsters, but they didn't really die.

They lost all of their health, became untargetable, but kept throwing spells and pounding my heroes to death.

I tried several monster groups right after the savegame already delivered... in 90% i've been able to create at least one of those "ghost monsters".

For this kind of issue, I would go ahead and upload your save game right now. I would say the chance they can fix it without your save file is close to zero.

They already have my savegame. The only change is 1.0.3, wich didn't help with the problem. So far... no new savegame necessary, aye? :geek:

Additional info: Problem remains with todays patch.

Edited by Sebulrn