AoE bonuses from Intellect stopped working on Cipher spells

veggen

Question

My main character, a Cipher, for some reason does not get any AoE bonuses from Intellect, while other characters do. The character screen claims I'm getting bonuses, but the area highlight never shows the yellow zone, regardless of my Intellect.  I verified that it's not only a visual glitch - the area is indeed not affected by bonuses. I tried disabling/re-enabling the area highlight to no avail. I also tried manipulating the attribute score through cheats in attempts to "unstuck" the calculation, and it actually worked (I got the yellow zone) until I reloaded from a save. I can no longer reproduce this...

The version is 1.0.2.0508, GOG.

This kind of ruins my game... Any ideas?

All relevant files (saves, logs, screenshots, dxdiag info) are here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iqto22xb8lfftzi/aoe_bug.zip?dl=0

• Like 1

19 answers to this question

I did some simple testing (cheating INT up to 200) and the cipher range increase seems to be working just fine for the spells I tried (Eyestrike, Soul Shock, Mental Binding). They basically hit the entire room XD

Also, I've noticed that if you go to the info page for your spells (clicking the spell in your character sheet or right clicking them in the HUD) the range increases will also start showing up properly. They stop showing up if you load it, but you just have to check the info page again to get them back.

• Like 1

I did some simple testing (cheating INT up to 200) and the cipher range increase seems to be working just fine for the spells I tried (Eyestrike, Soul Shock, Mental Binding). They basically hit the entire room XD

Also, I've noticed that if you go to the info page for your spells (clicking the spell in your character sheet or right clicking them in the HUD) the range increases will also start showing up properly. They stop showing up if you load it, but you just have to check the info page again to get them back.

Just tried this and you are right, still its kinda anoying having to click every abilty to update the range every time you load a game.

Hopefully they fix this problem with the others with the patch comming next week

The increased AOE for cipher spells from INT works,but there is graphical bug which does not show extended range for the spells.Check the abilities like Cruicible of Souls/Speaker to the Restless to actually see that INT extending range works.

Another example is to cast Mental Binding on a group of enemies and ensure few of are close to red aiming circle - after cast you'll see them affected as well.

But the bug is annoying,as it prevents tactical use of many cipher's spells.