I Think I'm Stuck? Never Far From The Queen

Wingless

Question

So I got to the Woedica Temple and blagged my way past the front door. According to walkthroughs I have looked at since, I am supposed to have gotten my hands on a Woedican hood somewhere along the line, put it on and gone past the big door and talked to the Shrouded Woman. I never found the hood and instead I went in with my party and they instantly attacked me. I killed them, found a "Lead Key" and that's it, I've left the temple, gone back up to the surface and the quest is still active in my journal, I can't seem to do anything to provoke it to update.

Is this a bug? Please help. I spent a long time running around trying to work out what to do and it looks like I don't have a well placed save for redoing the temple.

5 answers to this question

This seems to be a bug, so I'm going to relocate the thread to Tech Support but leave a redirect here in this forum.  Good luck, Wingless!

EDIT:  Clarified.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Ok, thanks. If anyone could confirm that this is definitely a bug that would be helpful, please. Is there a console command, by any chance, that could manually trigger the quest? I think I'm about 14 hours in and restarting at this point would just make me want to quit.

I am having a similar trouble. "Never Far from the Queen" will not complete. I went through the catacombs and the temple, blasted through the baddies, and haven't gotten the next quest. I've gone many many hours since, because I didn't realize I may have done something wrong (seems like I just did things the hard way, and that I should be ok though). I now can't continue in the game (need to get past the river in Stormwall). 

Hopefully this gets fixed up soon. I'd like to keep playing! Haven't noticed many bugs though, so if this is fixed fast then eh, won't complain too badly :)