I just made myself a Wood Elf (giving me the Distant Advantage racial) rogue and at lvl 2 I took the Marksman talent. Both of them should give me +5 accuray against "distant enemies". The Wood Elf racial says it's 4 meters, Marksman doesn't give any exact range.

Here's my problem: When looking at my character sheet my accuracy is 36, but when looking at the combat logs after attacking an enemy just at the edge of the fog of war, my accuracy is still only 36. Shouldn't it be 46? (+5 for the racial, +5 for the talent) seeing as it doesn't get much more "distant" than that.

Am I missing something here or is the mechanic simply not working?

I haven't checked my combat-logs, but the distant advantage trait does show up in active effects on my character sheet. If it doesen't show up under both the "abilities" and "active" headings on your character sheet it could be you're a victim of the double-click-to-replace-gear-permakills-your-passives-bug.

• Like 1

I haven't checked my combat-logs, but the distant advantage trait does show up in active effects on my character sheet. If it doesen't show up under both the "abilities" and "active" headings on your character sheet it could be you're a victim of the double-click-to-replace-gear-permakills-your-passives-bug.

I don't see it in my active effects either, so could very well be that I've been hit by that bug. All my items are greyed out in my bags too, I don't know if that's any indication of wether I've been hit by it or not.

Either way: Any way to fix it?

*EDIT* Just checked wether Aloth had it under active effects, and he did, so something is deffinatly wrong.

Edited by Baldie

I don't think there is a way to fix it right now.  Obsidian is aware of it and working on a fix but I don't know if its gonna affect existing saves or not.  More discussion here

Thanks for the link, I'll just cross my fingers and pray they solve it soon then. Really wanna play this game, it's sooooo good! :)