Party Management broken + black screen on some interiors

AWizardDidIt

Question

Currently I am having an issue where I cannot swap out party members correctly and going to certain interior locations causes my game to go to a black screen where the music continues to play and I can move my cursor around but cannot do anything including hitting escape to open up the options menu. 

Whenever I go to the party management screen and try to dismiss and add party members (whether at the keep or in any inn), the party never cycles out correctly. Sometimes it seems to dismiss people fine if I do it one at a time but I cannot add party members into my party afterward and the entire thing seems pretty messed up. If I try to make party changes after adding new people, the party management screen will even show the party I chose, but the old party members will still be there.

Additionally as soon as I noticed this occurred, I started finding a couple interiors that when entering the screen would fade to black. This so far I've only experienced on the second floor of Brighthollow in my keep and the first floor of the black hound inn in gilded vale. 

As a side note, I also had one of my custom character's voices just drop out entirely. This wasn't a big deal but thought I'd bring it up. Attached the earliest save I had BEFORE I noticed the party bug as well as one shortly after where I'm at the keep and trying to swap out party members.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tc5sblkjexmq18e/f86814c8-5eb4-4c65-8bea-5509bd3bdf06%20quicksave.savegame?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tpdg0g2rlbnjzam/f86814c85eb44c658bea5509bd3bdf06%2010779034%20CaedNua.savegame?dl=0

Edited by AWizardDidIt
  • Like 2

15 answers to this question

Update to this: I've been playing around some and it looks like sometimes I can add and remove people if I do it one at a time however I can never properly add Kana to the party. Additionally he's nowhere to be found in the keep area. Instead I found his marker in the middle of the Brackenbury area in Defiance Bay however if you go to that spot he looks like a shadow and definitely shouldn't be there (his dialogue refers to the keep itself and saying how great it is). Took a screenshot and linked below.

http://i.imgur.com/3dmnpmp.jpg

Have the same issue as well exactly as you describe it; the loading issue in the two zones and party swapping issue. The only way I can get party members to reliably swap out it to remove them, get out of the hireling screen, go back in and then add someone else. This however still does not work with Kana, furthermore I find him showing up randomly as I travel around. I did notice before I took him out of the party the last time that he had multiple copies of the same chant sequence (like 4 chant A's) and they were very screwy. He was naked at the inn in the first twin elms zone, and then I found him later fighting a horde of NPCs in the Paths of Old Nua by himself (unless this is part of the story?)

Same situation here. I can remove party members but i cannot add any - except newly hired adventurers.

It triggered when i removed Kana from the party @35 hours played in order to add Grieving mother and work on her quest. Also Kana appears in random places after this. I do not want to continue playing without being able to constantly manage my party. 

GOG.com - Hero edition version.

I noticed things got worse when I restored the Brighthollow fountain, and removed Kana in exchange for the Druid.

The party management was screwed up for me for awhile, though. However, it would work if I dismissed all 5 of my mates and chose 5 again to replace them. But now that workaround doesn't even work, and the party management is completely broken. 

Also having the black screen issue as well.

Strange, I removed Kana and haven't had this issue; perhaps because I didn't keep him for too long.

The output_log shows that Exceptions are thrown in a Chant-Klass. So it is very likely that the bug(s) only occur when (certain) chants are/were (not) active when you dismiss him.

I've just experienced this for the first time - yes, with removing Kana. It wasn't the first time in the game that I removed Kana (I tend to only take him on my trips down to the big dungeon, which I've split up in between other quests so I've put him in and taken him out of my party multiple times). I started getting this error now, after I'd opened up Twin Elms (but before going further into the places beyond the hearth area), and after I reached the last level of the big dungeon and talked to the (spoiler) down there. Let's see, the 3 chants in his chant bar are Sure handed Ila, At the sight of their Comrades, and The Silver Knight's Shields. But when I made a new chant list and switched to that (and got into a fight to ensure it activated and played), and then went to an Inn and tried to dismiss him I still got the same issue. Also deactivating the chant completely through the character bar didn't help.