Raedric Quest can't be finished

boswelli

Question

Recently i tried to finish the Readric-quest by killing him but after this nothing happened  ;(

In my questlog it still says that i now know where Kolsc is, and i should confront him. In his hut at Magrans he isn't anymore. So what now?

Did the following:

- sneaked through the castle to Readric

- talked to him

- accepted the task to kill Kolsc

- go to his place and talked to him again

- changed my mind and went back to the castle to kill Readric

- killed Raedric and his men

....and nothing. Throne room still empty but Kolsc nowhere.

Is there anything i missed? A walkthrough said after the battle with Raedric he would walk into this room but that didn't happened. I have to say that i used a decoy to "guide" them all to this little single room in right lower corner. So i did not fight him exactly in front of his throne. But the game didn't make any restrictions for this battle so i thought it would be ok to use this little trick  :blink:

Oh, btw, i read the sticky about how to post issues here but save file is too large to attach, this forum only allows 507KB, packed save has 798KB :-(

12 answers to this question

I have the same problem. Did the same thing.

But before killing Raedrick i went do Caed Num, and progressed further and went to the city with cooper in its name, after you cross the bridge first aveilable city in the bay. MAnaged to finish act1. Compleded some quests in with the missing evlen girl and drake egg. And i wanted to clean up Raedric. But after the kill nothing happend. In the house where Kolsc was there is now only Giaccomo.

I'm also having a problem here.  I did all the dialog, did the battle and won, but combat didn't end right - my chanter still retains verses, summoned skeles didn't poof - and my quest log still says confront raedric even though I did just about every dialog option possible before picking the attack option.

Most annoying since it's a hell of a battle and I don't really want to do it yet again, especially if it's just going to cheese out yet again.

To update, I redid the fight on the throne dias area and after beating down raedric again I got the cutscene and quest completion.  Taking Raedric away from his throne area is apparently a no go.

On my first pass I'd setup in the room with the dead wife and dragged Raedric and friends there, and killed him away from his throne area, which apparently hoses the quest trigger or something.

Or luck/bad luck.

Edited by Voqar

I've just run into the same issue. Here's a screenshot of how close Raedric is: http://i.imgur.com/YKPLcWM.jpg He seems pretty close to the throne...

I'm also in Act II, and I attacked Raedric without accepting his offer to return and kill Kolsc.

EDIT: I've now tried a few different things: I've tried accepting his offer to kill Kolsc, and then changing my mind and killing Raedric directly on the throne. Still no luck. Hopefully this bug gets addressed in next week's patch...

Edited by nulspace

It looks like the issue might be clearing out the baddies on the other side of the throne room door first, which I didn't do because I got in through the back stairs of the scriptorium. Later tonight I'm going to try that before confronting Raedric. Has anybody tried that?

FIGURED IT OUT, or at least, I have found at least one way to trigger the cutscene.

You have to do something with the guards outside the throneroom first - you either have to unlock the throneroom door (it's locked initially) or unlock the door and engage the guards outside in combat and kill them all. I didn't do sufficient testing to determine at which point exactly the quest is able to be triggered.

What I did - I snuck in through the scriptorium stairs, unlocked the throneroom door, killed the guards outside that door, then went back into the throneroom and killed Raedric. Upon doing that, when I walked back toward the (now open) throneroom door, the cutscene triggered and the quest was resolved. It might be the case that all you have to do is unlock the door without engaging the guards - perhaps the locked door is preventing the cutscene from triggering. I'm not sure.

• Like 1

I have killed all of the enemies on this level, including raedric.

The quest simply won't update no matter what I do.

The throne room door has a pretty high mechanics skill check, I googled a bit and from what I read its not required to open that door to finish the quest.

So I have no idea.

Bump this from me. What I tried - first run, I decided to listen to his arguments, went to Kolsc then, listened there, returned back, slaughtered Raedric. Nothing happend afterwards (at this time both, the Priest and the Soul-Woman were alive)

Then I tried to kill the Soul-Woman and directly kill Raedric. Then I proceeded and killed everybody on this floor (where Raedric is), still nothing happened. I would really like to finish this quest as Kolsc's partner.

Talked to Raedric, promised to go talk to Kolsc, but before I went there, I had a change of heart, and went nowhere, and killed Raedric. Then nothing happened, and the Quest went on un-updated. Traveled off to find Kolsc, had the journal updated as I arrived to Magran's Fork, went inside the house and found only Garricone inside, but Kolsc wasn't arround at all, nor can I find him anywhere. So now, as all of you, I'm sitting infront of my screen, and don't know how to get this quest finished... anyone had any luck in finding a/the solution?