So, I've been trying to work out how to create a graphics mod for PoE-  I can extract textures from the .assets and .unity3d archives using Disunity and Unity Assets Explorer, and I can extract .obj files without any skinning info from the .unity3d archives using Disunity.  I can also replace textures stored int the .assets archives with UAE, though that's obviously not ideal for modding.

There is, however, an "Override" folder inside the "assetbundles" folder, which I assume is there for patches and mods, but extracting textures, modifying them, and putting them there doesn't seem to do anything.  Does anyone know if there's some folder structure we should be using inside Override to get the game to override assets?  Will we have to pack them into .assets or .unity3d archives?

• 2 weeks later...

So, I've been trying to work out how to create a graphics mod for PoE-  I can extract textures from the .assets and .unity3d archives using Disunity and Unity Assets Explorer, and I can extract .obj files without any skinning info from the .unity3d archives using Disunity.  I can also replace textures stored int the .assets archives with UAE, though that's obviously not ideal for modding.

There is, however, an "Override" folder inside the "assetbundles" folder, which I assume is there for patches and mods, but extracting textures, modifying them, and putting them there doesn't seem to do anything.  Does anyone know if there's some folder structure we should be using inside Override to get the game to override assets?  Will we have to pack them into .assets or .unity3d archives?

I'm currently trying to figure out how the override folder works. I think you have to actually drop a .unity3d file in there and not just the texture by themselves, unless there is a specific folder structure to follow?

I wonder if an override folder is a core feature of unity3d or added by Obsidian?  if the override folder is a core feature of unity, then perhaps they explain it's usage somewhere in the unity documentation?

Having trouble with the games combat on POTD, Trial of Iron?

- Hurtin bomb droppin MONK - [MONK BUILD] - [CLICK HERE]

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

- Fighter Heavy Tank - [FIGHTER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

Anita Sarkeesian keeps Bioware's balls in a jar on her shelf.