Did Eder fail to talk with Maerwald

First of all, the game set my language to Polish by default and as befits a magnificently lazy person, I failed to change it to English, so I'll be guessing most of quest names, titles, et cetera.

So, when you meet Eder, you get the quest to bring him along when you'll be chatting with Maerwald the Wacko. I complied, he even delivered the final blow when our little chat got somewhat out of hand, but according to my journal, I'm still supposed to bring Eder to Maerwald. I think it's clear now that decapitation of the Wacko may slightly complicate things for me.

Is this a bug or I shouldn't worry and everything's gonna be ok a little later? If the kind soul that delivers me the answer could do it without including any spoilers, I would be twoplus grateful. 

Btw, since I'm already here, does anyone know how the GOG version is going to update itself? There are some minor bugs that are likely to be fixed soon and since all other GOG games I own haven't seen a patch in a decade or so, I was wondering. There's no "check for updates" button in the game itself either. 

PinkieRs.png

What's up with everyone and spoilers right now?

Doesn't everything depend on how you navigate your way through the scripted interactions between people?

Either way, when I killed Maerwald, the same thing happened for me too, so if it's a bug, you're not the only one.

theres-no-fun-in-the-galactic-empire_o_9

Um, the journal doesn't really say anything productive about the quest in that moment. It does not update after the skirmish and it just leaves you hanging.

The thing is there's nothing to worry about and it's not a bug. It's just a shortcoming of the quest. It's confusing but it has a natural followup that will trigger a little later when you play a little more, roo. Imo, the thing that happens next should be triggered much earlier because if you choose to explore your new keep's undergrounds like I did, it's not going to trigger for hours of gameplay.

Also, this admin approval thing seriously irks me. A paying customer needs to get approval before he can access basic support? It's silly. I thought my post was still waiting for approval because I couldn't find it on the forum and when I finally accessed my profile, there was a link to this place, buried under tons of other posts.

PinkieRs.png

Also, this admin approval thing seriously irks me. A paying customer needs to get approval before he can access basic support? It's silly. I thought my post was still waiting for approval because I couldn't find it on the forum and when I finally accessed my profile, there was a link to this place, buried under tons of other posts.

The initial post approval period has nothing to do with being a back/paying customer etc. It's a forum spam prevention measure that applies to all newly registered forum members. We had - as many forums have/had - a really bad spam-bot problem some time back (despite other antispam measures in place) and it was part of the solution. It's not perfect but it does keep the spambots from taking over.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hmm, if I'm not mistaken Eder will want to talk to you about the aftermath of killing Maerwald. Have you chatted with him yet?

The conversation starts

after you rebuild the eastern part of keep's walls and you are about to leave the location. I've cleared 7 levels of the spooky cellar before I even ventured there only for exploration's sake.

. At least it was the case for me.

I know that spoilers are allowed on this forum but I hate them myself so bad that I'll do my best to avoid them whenever possible ;)

The initial post approval period has nothing to do with being a back/paying customer etc. It's a forum spam prevention measure that applies to all newly registered forum members. We had - as many forums have/had - a really bad spam-bot problem some time back (despite other antispam measures in place) and it was part of the solution. It's not perfect but it does keep the spambots from taking over.

Yeah, I understand but still, this is a support forum, at least in some sense. I'd strongly prefer account validation based on game ownership or something similar, over this. It's like with DRM: even though the mechanism is not meant to hurt clients, they are the ones affected.

I think the main issue with Eder is resolved.

If anyone is still reading this thread, how was the issue of GOG release's updates handled, i.e. where to look for them? I'm really looking forward to a patch that would eliminate the (luckily) rare bug when my crossbowmen start sliding in random directions when reloading, sometimes even through walls. Will the game update on its own or will I have to manually download a patch from GOG?

PinkieRs.png

Pretty sure you'll need to download it on your own. There's no built-in updater. Steam can handle it automatically, so no need there. A patch should show up on GOG for download, hopefully not much later than the automatic Steam patch. (Ah, too avoid confusion, no Steam patch is out yet.)

Yeah, I understand but still, this is a support forum, at least in some sense. I'd strongly prefer account validation based on game ownership or something similar, over this. It's like with DRM: even though the mechanism is not meant to hurt clients, they are the ones affected.

This forum isn't intended only for people have already purchased one of Obsidian's games. Something like you suggest would block out anyone who wishes to register and ask a question/s before they purchase.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Something like you suggest would block out anyone who wishes to register and ask a question/s before they purchase.

I don't think that people who do not own Obsidian games are in need of technical/in-game support with Obsidian games ;)

PI has it handled pretty well. Registered users have their playground and lurkers have theirs.

PinkieRs.png

I don't think that people who do not own Obsidian games are in need of technical/in-game support with Obsidian games wink.png

PI has it handled pretty well. Registered users have their playground and lurkers have theirs.

... This isn't the tech support forum though.

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

Hi, I did a search for this topic because I had the same problem. It turns out that after you deal with Maerwald, there is a little "text bubble" next to Eder's portrait. Click on that to continue the quest.