[PSA] GAME-BREAKING BUG AFFECTING EVERYONE INCLUDING YOU! Temporary fix for party members only currently.

TrueMenace

Question

http://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity/comments/30lmx2/psa_doubleclicking_equipment_bug/

Kirur:

"If you double click an item to equip it to your character, your character loses ALL Passives/Racials/Permanent Buffs, forever.

Dragging and dropping works fine, but do not double click or you might find yourself having to restart your game. Loading the game up from a previous save thankfully does fix it.

webm of the bug in action: http://webmup.com/HArIv/vid.webm

As you can see, I lose several passive effects (And am already missing my Wood Elf racial from a previous time before I learned about the bug), including a talent and a class ability. The abilities remain listed in the abilities/talents section, but if they aren't in active effects, then perhaps you've already encountered the bug first hand.

EDIT: Another webm http://webmup.com/aDSfX/vid.webm

Kana loses his 3rd Weapon Slot as soon as I double click so it's not just a visual display bug, you do actually lose all bonuses.

Also thought I'd stress that it only happens when you double click to REPLACE an item, if the slot is empty you won't lose anything. So please double check before you post saying that it isn't happening to you."

Everyone who has actively tested this has confirmed this.

Update:

Removing characters from your party and then adding them back apparently fixes the bug for party members. But the bug will come back if you double-click to equip items... No fix for PC though.

Update 2:

Anbokr from Reddit:

"Just a heads up, I've tested several of my barbarian passives, and even though they are bugged and not showing under active effects, they are still working behind the scenes. Same deal with my human racial."

No one has confirmed his testings however.

Update 3: More reports that PC passive's/talents/etc aren't working like Nature Godlike's racial due to this bug.

Edited by TrueMenace
  • Like 7

Calibrating...

I encountered this bug for Aloth, but just to be safe I removed my entire party at the stronghold and re-added them. Now their personal records have all been reset to 0. It still remembers them in the party records (i.e Edir is still showing as having been knocked out the most) but not individually. As my main is a rogue he's done about 12,000 more damage than anyone else, so it's gonna show his stats on almost everything.

Not the worst thing in the world but a pretty annoying extra kick from this bug. Though even on hard I didn't really notice that I was missing these extra stats for about thirty hours of play, so game breaking below PotD this is not.

Here's Pallegina's record:

4V6gRVX.png

(I know it says 12 hours in party, but that's since re-adding them, not total)

pls just tell me when o i get the bug fix!!! I have been stopped playing for a longggggggggggg time!

No you haven't, the game's been out less than a week.

A week is a very long time when it comes to the release of a long awaited game imo.

• Like 1

same bug here... only fully noticed it about 50 hours into the game when my PC Fighter didn't hold engagement with 4 opponents at once like he should be able to do. Afterwards i noticed that he didn't get the bonuses from any of the talents that have to do with equipment (like the weapon and shield and the knight weapon focus) or his racial bonus... Huge pain in the ass to have a mostly ineffective character, especially on potd difficulty...

I wonder how much the stat increase bugs are  responsible for the numerous "Hard mode is too easy" posts that have been popping up up both on this forum and the PioE subreddit. It would not be implausible that the authors of these posts were using default companions with massively inflated stats and did not even notice. I imagine one's perception of difficulty might get skewed by Eder tanking 4+ enemies at a time without taking a single hit across the encounter. 

It doesn't seem like too big an issue for me.  I let my party go at the inn, exited the conversation, and then reclaimed them.  I think that fixed them up.

The only thing I'm waiting for the fix for is my Godlike character.  She doesn't seem corrupt though, as it does list that 1.2x damage is done on low endurance enemies.

It doesn't seem like too big an issue for me.  I let my party go at the inn, exited the conversation, and then reclaimed them.  I think that fixed them up.

The only thing I'm waiting for the fix for is my Godlike character.  She doesn't seem corrupt though, as it does list that 1.2x damage is done on low endurance enemies.

that is the annoying problem, my main character got hit by the bug......

I will not play until the following bugs are addressed:

1. Perma health increase.

2. Already activated ability bug.

3. Random move speed character bug.

4. Sanitarium hostility bug.

5. Looting deselects party bug.

Looting deselects party steps to reproduce:

Select all party with backspace, loot a container, then the character looting remains selected and the rest of the party are deselected.

Expected behavior:

Whole party remains selected while looting.

Windows 8.1 pro 64 bit

Gforce 765m

Intel 4700 mq

DX 11

Bump.

No 3 is now fixed.

So now we only need the following fixed:

1. Perma health increase.

2. Already activated ability bug.

3. Sanitarium hostility bug.

4. Looting deselects party bug.

5. Sound cutting from companion dialogue.

Looting deselects party steps to reproduce:

Select all party with backspace, loot a container, then the character looting remains selected and the rest of the party are deselected.

Expected behavior:

Whole party remains selected while looting.