[PSA] GAME-BREAKING BUG AFFECTING EVERYONE INCLUDING YOU! Temporary fix for party members only currently.

TrueMenace

Question

http://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity/comments/30lmx2/psa_doubleclicking_equipment_bug/

Kirur:

"If you double click an item to equip it to your character, your character loses ALL Passives/Racials/Permanent Buffs, forever.

Dragging and dropping works fine, but do not double click or you might find yourself having to restart your game. Loading the game up from a previous save thankfully does fix it.

webm of the bug in action: http://webmup.com/HArIv/vid.webm

As you can see, I lose several passive effects (And am already missing my Wood Elf racial from a previous time before I learned about the bug), including a talent and a class ability. The abilities remain listed in the abilities/talents section, but if they aren't in active effects, then perhaps you've already encountered the bug first hand.

EDIT: Another webm http://webmup.com/aDSfX/vid.webm

Kana loses his 3rd Weapon Slot as soon as I double click so it's not just a visual display bug, you do actually lose all bonuses.

Also thought I'd stress that it only happens when you double click to REPLACE an item, if the slot is empty you won't lose anything. So please double check before you post saying that it isn't happening to you."

Everyone who has actively tested this has confirmed this.

Update:

Removing characters from your party and then adding them back apparently fixes the bug for party members. But the bug will come back if you double-click to equip items... No fix for PC though.

Update 2:

Anbokr from Reddit:

"Just a heads up, I've tested several of my barbarian passives, and even though they are bugged and not showing under active effects, they are still working behind the scenes. Same deal with my human racial."

No one has confirmed his testings however.

Update 3: More reports that PC passive's/talents/etc aren't working like Nature Godlike's racial due to this bug.

Edited by TrueMenace
  • Like 7

Calibrating...

http://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity/comments/30lmx2/psa_doubleclicking_equipment_bug/

Kirur:

"If you double click an item to equip it to your character, your character loses ALL Passives/Racials/Permanent Buffs, forever.

Dragging and dropping works fine, but do not double click or you might find yourself having to restart your game. Loading the game up from a previous save thankfully does fix it.

webm of the bug in action: http://webmup.com/HArIv/vid.webm

As you can see, I lose several passive effects (And am already missing my Wood Elf racial from a previous time before I learned about the bug), including a talent and a class ability. The abilities remain listed in the abilities/talents section, but if they aren't in active effects, then perhaps you've already encountered the bug first hand.

EDIT: Another webm http://webmup.com/aDSfX/vid.webm

Kana loses his 3rd Weapon Slot as soon as I double click so it's not just a visual display bug, you do actually lose all bonuses.

Also thought I'd stress that it only happens when you double click to REPLACE an item, if the slot is empty you won't lose anything. So please double check before you post saying that it isn't happening to you."

Everyone who has actively tested this has confirmed this.

Welp.

Looks like I'm restarting.

From the same thread:

You can reset this for npcs by removing them from your party! When you add them back, their passives return.

It's not a permanent fix as it does not fix the bug, only corrects it apparently. You have to be mindful of not double-clicking to equip.

Also no fix for your own PC.

Calibrating...

Update 2:

Anbokr from Reddit:

"Just a heads up, I've tested several of my barbarian passives, and even though they are bugged and not showing under active effects, they are still working behind the scenes. Same deal with my human racial."

No one has confirmed his testings but semi-good news??

Edited by TrueMenace

Calibrating...

Not all racials and passives appear under Active Effects though.  I just made a new moon godlike paladin and neither Silver Tide or Faith and Conviction appeared under Active Effects, at least not outside of combat.

So I entered combat, Faith and Conviction appeared in Active Effects.  After combat I repeatedly double clicked armor to swap between a Breastplate and Scale Armor.  Next combat, Faith and Conviction showed back up in Active Effects.

So if this is happening it must be a certain item slot, certain passives/abilities or maybe something else altogether.

I tried it with my barbarian and the passive abilities still listed in the character screen...

Edited by barakav

troll.gifseatroll.gificetroll.giftroll.gif

An ex-biophysicist but currently Studying Schwarzschild singularities' black holes' Hawking radiation using LAZORS and hypersonic sound wave models.

My main objective is to use my results to take over the world!

I tried it with several item slots and different items and couldn't replicate this bug. It might be a steam version issue...

Anyone else tried to check if this bug applies to his characters?

Anyway ,they should cancel the option to equip anything with double click until this is sorted out.

Edited by barakav

An ex-biophysicist but currently Studying Schwarzschild singularities' black holes' Hawking radiation using LAZORS and hypersonic sound wave models.

Update 4 from Anbokr on Reddit:

"I've tested this on several characters now, specifically marksman (+accuracy) and greater carnage (+accuracy to carnage). I lost both of these from active effects because of the bug, but by looking at my combat log accuracy rolls (during actual combat), I could see that both talents were still functioning behind the scenes.

I'm fairly certain this is just a visual/UI bug with the exception being the extra weapon slot talent."

So in summary, could be a visual/UI bug where it dissapears on your Character Sheet, but still works behind the scenes. 

However, talents like the Aumaua's Armed to the Teeth that grants the 3rd Weapon slot will disappear for good. 

Removing your companions/adventurers and adding them back in from the party manager interface will fix the issue, but it could crop up again if you replicate the bug. 

There is a way to add talents to your PC through the IE mod, but it'll duplicate the talent/passive and double up on its effects so it's not a proper fix in that method.

Calibrating...

I'll ask again ,does anyone else tried to replicate it?

It might be an isolated issue that doesn't affect many of the players...

Ok I was just able to duplicate this with Island Aumau's Armed to the Teeth.  Right away starting a new game, swapped out armor and it disappeared from my active effects and I only had 2 weapon sets, instead of the 3 I started with.

Scary ****.

Can't replicate it. I used double-click several times in my save so far, and my PC still has the proper spread of attributes (which includes Godlike racial & background changes). 

But maybe I lost some active effects at the very start of the game and I never noticed? I'll start a new game later and check.

It's not gamebreaking but it's certainly an annoying bug for those who have it, hope it gets addressed soon.

Can't replicate it. I used double-click several times in my save so far, and my PC still has the proper spread of attributes (which includes Godlike racial & background changes). 

But maybe I lost some active effects at the very start of the game and I never noticed? I'll start a new game later and check.

It's not gamebreaking but it's certainly an annoying bug for those who have it, hope it gets addressed soon.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/72983-double-clicking-to-equip-items-can-cause-some-active-effects-to-be-removed-permanently/

Start a game with an Island Aumau.

Hit C.  Armed to the Teeth will be listed in Active Effects.  Hit I, you can see 3 unlocked weapon sets.  Now take the armor from the fighter chick that joins you and give it to your PC, swap the armor from the fighter with the armor you are wearing by double clicking it.  Close inventory.  Hit C.  No more Armed to the Teeth in the Active Effects.  Hit I, or mouse over your character portrait in the lower left, and the third weapon set slot is locked.

Edited by HozzM

OK, tested some more on various saves. It does seem to happen to me too with the active effects at least. E.g. Alroth loses Distant Advantage. (Which means I lost it about 8 hours ago. :D)

Now to see if it's actually lost, or if it just doesn't show up anymore. 

OK, tested some more on various saves. It does seem to happen to me too with the active effects at least. E.g. Alroth loses Distant Advantage. (Which means I lost it about 8 hours ago. :D)

Now to see if it's actually lost, or if it just doesn't show up anymore. 

I loaded up my Wood Elf Ranger's save...no Distant Advantage and it was definitely lost, not just a display bug.