Game Freezes on entering Keep.

noname

Question

When I try to enter Caed Nua Keep (not the area map, but the building), the game moves to a loading screen, but doesn't go further. After waiting a bit, the cursor appears as the windows cursor that shows processing/thinking, after that, any click/interaction makes windows say that the program has stopped responding. (The music does keep playing until I kill the program)

It is ONLY this transition that has issues, and I've checked all of my savegames since completing the Eastern Barbican and they all have this problem, both before and after I recruited the Ranger companion.

I can enter Brighthollow without any issues, it's just the keep that is a problem.

Savegame, DXDIAG, Output log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lyt69dkxuw8rxld/PoE.zip?dl=0

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

I'm having the same issue. I'm running a:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)

2 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

I searched my files and don't see the RivaTuner program. I've had a number of other transition crashes as well. Really a bummer because I'm enjoying the game and want to get back to the dungeon. I'm not sure what other info might be useful in helping solve this issue.

Edited by Lankee

I've found the solution to my problem, the RivaTuner Statistics Server was causing the crash so I disabled it for the game.

Never heard of that program ... it's not installed here either. Why would it cause a crash of that loading screen and not other loading screens, too?

I'm not sure,

I've found the solution to my problem, the RivaTuner Statistics Server was causing the crash so I disabled it for the game.

Never heard of that program ... it's not installed here either. Why would it cause a crash of that loading screen and not other loading screens, too?

I'm not sure why, it's a benchmarking tool for displaying various information like frames per second, gpu temps, gpu load, etc. It's an extension of MSI Afterburner.