what are you doing with your free time?

having seen articles in magazines, and having read lots of posts from developers, we is getting feeling that kotor2 is gonna be much like kotor. combat is staying relatively same, and engine is pretty much same, and sounds like skills, feats and powers and all other gameplay mechanics issues is going to be pretty much same... with some cosmetic improvements. call Gromnir greedy, but we cannot help but feel that if relatively little effort is going into engine and gameplay improvements, obsidian should be having that much more time to be devoting to content.

what we is trying to say is that if we ain't getting lots of new features, we is going to be wanting content to make up for the shortfall

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I'd rather they have time to create a more in depth story, better characterization and well written dialogue than spend time making a new engine when the original works just fine.

see, that is the point... if they ain't doing engine improvements or adding lots of features then you is expecting MORE from story and content... just as is Gromnir.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Sounds like Jedi Academy ... expect Jedi Academy actually intuduced new things.

A lot of things were brokren in KotOR, the force system sould be reworked with something that looks like the movies (and NOT a FPS) and there sould been more freedom in relation to classes.

What do we get ... yet nother Jedi simulator, heck they could just call this Jedi Knight 3 and make it a FPS.

drakron.png

Quotes form the Gamespot interview

"the scope of the sith lords is similar in length"

"we wanted to have the story arc be about the same amount of hours of gameplay"

"Also the same number of worlds"

....hmmm. I have seen 2 places say 7 planets, one place say 5 worlds. As for game length, unless I'm missing something or someone mispoke in the interview, I have to side with grom

EDIT: "the scope of the sith lords is very similar to the first game for the overall story arc and the amount of game play time it will have"

Here's the real problem: getting folks to agree upon those problems that should be fixed in KotOR two. In fact, the real problem is getting folks to agree on what was a problem and what wasn't.

Combat wasn't awesome in KotOR, but I didn't really care. Force powers being overpowered or how some "expert gamers" felt about the game means nothing to me.

I'd like the game to be longer. That's probably the biggest compaint I have with virtually every xbox game I've played. I'd like to see more planents. I'd like to see more options to solve problems outside of combat. I'd like to see more force powers impact dialogue options. This would be a start for me.

I might be a "casual gamer," but these issues are important to me. If combat were generally more difficult, that would just be an added bonus.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Seconded.

The engine is done, the combat system is in place, the graphics set; since none of those things will be improved upon, really, the focus should be on making big worlds full of lots of quests and interesting characters combined with an involving plot.

Really, if a game can do that, it's got my money even if they can't give me pink lightsabers or whatever. ;)

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Remenber they are putting in ...

Epic crap ...oops, I mean levels.

Munchkin class ... oops, I mean pretigue.

Light bown with pink circles lightsabers ... oops, I mean more colors.

They are changing gameplay (for the worst INHO) so really dont expect much from the story, heck its a Star Wars game remenber.

drakron.png

EDIT: "the scope of the sith lords is very similar to the first game for the overall story arc and the amount of game play time it will have"

Say it ain't so! Say it ain't so! ;)

If very little new is going to be added engine-wise, then I'd really hope for a massive boost content-wise.

Say it ain't so! Say it ain't so! ;)

If very little new is going to be added engine-wise, then I'd really hope for a massive boost content-wise.

I know, either your conversation in the beginning creates 2 VERY different games (much more than kotor ls/ds), or I'm looking for more than the first game.

They are probably busy with their UT2004 tournament. Who's winning anyway ?

If they fix the most unbalancing elements in the game, I'm not going to run around and yell: We waz robbed! regarding the technical aspects. Would appreciate much, much more, if effort went into writing, characters, plots, twists, longer gameplay. In short, the contents of the game, not the packaging. Oh, and lots of cool wallpapers, don't forget the wallpapers... ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

see, that is the point... if they ain't doing engine improvements or adding lots of features then you is expecting MORE from story and content... just as is Gromnir.

HA! Good Fun!

Then we are definately on the same page ;)

Well really. Obistan have no excuse for not adding heaps more content to the game. The engine is already set up. In the interiew it was said that a max of 25 people would be working on it. Surely some more staff would help to add more features from when the game is to be realeased.

Remenber they are putting in ...

Epic crap ...oops, I mean levels.

Munchkin class ... oops, I mean pretigue.

Light bown with pink circles lightsabers ... oops, I mean more colors.

They are changing gameplay (for the worst INHO) so really dont expect much from the story, heck its a Star Wars game remenber.

same stuff done for hotu... an expansion.

this is a sequel, not an expansion.

obsidian ain't building a new engine, and they is adding epic and prestige classes with help from bio who has already gone through growing pains of doing such things in sou and hotu... should be far less effort for obsidian. story aspects was strongest attribute of kotor, and we expect obsidian to at least put in similar effort. so, with everything else being equal, should fans not be getting more detailed worlds with more content?

HA! Good Fun!

Jedi Academy also started as a expansion ...

... nothing new to see here ... move along ...

I highly doubt they were going to make an expansion for an xbox game (where most of the games sales were), tho possible, I think

This was always supposed to be a sequel I have to assume

?

Morrowind have a "Game of The Year" edition for the Xbox with included Tribunal and Bloodmoon expansions.

Besides Jedi Academy started as a expansion before being turned into a full price "game" ...

Again.

... nothing new ... move long ...

drakron.png

/me is hoping some Developer or another sets us straight as to the amount of content (preferably for the better.) It's too late right now, but that quote from Gamespot really worries me.

If Fallout 2 had had the same amount of content as Fallout, after using the exact same engine, character models, even music, people would have been annoyed. Myself included. The same applies here.

Besides Jedi Academy started as a expansion before being turned into a full price "game" ...

Again.

... nothing new ... move long ...

Thats a pretty bold claim, are you sure?

Drakron:

I serious doubt its a sequel to SWKotOR

If Fallout 2 had had the same amount of content as Fallout, after using the exact same engine, character models, even music, people would have been annoyed. Myself included. The same applies here.

exactly what I was thinking

/me is hoping some Developer or another sets us straight as to the amount of content (preferably for the better.) It's too late right now, but that quote from Gamespot really worries me.

I'm a bit in two minds about that (the little voice in my head and me), as there are two things they can expand on. One is quantity, sure more is nice, but the other voice prefer better quality. Of course, if we could have both... ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm a bit in two minds about that (the little voice in my head and me), as there are two things they can expand on. One is quantity, sure more is nice, but the other voice prefer better quality. Of course, if we could have both... ;)

They've got a good team assembled. I can't understand why they couldn't do both.