Plague of Insects doesnt end

Libertine

Question

just had a fight against a bunch of ogres in elmshore.

it seems that the "Plague of Insects" that the ogre druids cast on you never ends. theres simply no timer on it...been out of combat for minutes and its still ticking. only ways to get rid of it is either to die or save & reload which makes it magically disappear.

dont think this is working as inteded...makes the fight almost impossible

• Like 1

25 answers to this question

There really isn't any fix for this?

This is absurd. It makes the fight impossible and therefore that entire level impossible to cross, since that druid - at least in my case - always casts the spell in the exact instant the combat starts... I know because I've had to retry the fight a few times (not all of them because of this particular spell, just me being a noob). I only noticed the effect doesn't go away once I've actually won the fight.

Even if my main character isn't affected, I'd rather not have any of my characters die, at all.

It's weird, because I've encountered druids before (ogres and non-ogres), but it didn't happen in those cases.

This needs to be fixed asap!!!!

~ EDIT after testing ~

1) saving the game and loading that save file fixed it for me - be sure to use a separate save file just in case though!

2) after loading said file, Sagani was still affected by the debuff as if her pet wolf was dead - which was not the case -> the fix for this is to climb back up at the keep, dismiss her from the party, then have her join the party again - the debuff will be gone. I assume this applies if the main character is a ranger as well.

however, this should still be fixed asap! :)

Edited by plethoraoflies

I was going to open a post to say this but I see that a lot of people report it so please talk and say that you are working or some news about the status of the game, that you see there are a lot of bugs and you doing a patch for all of them.

I made a forum account specifically to post for this. Yes it happened to me to, and I found a quick fix, for now. If you get a character with it on them, let them get knocked out, out of combat. When they reach Maimed status it takes the debuff off. I wager that taking them out of the party then putting them back in will also work, but I haven't tested it. If it does work, then that's also a solution for pets, otherwise I have no clue how to take the debuff off of them(knocking them out does not work.)

Even when the saving and loading gets rid of the constant damage over time and the visual effects it still leaves two effects on the character panel, both are unnamed, one is "; 8 raw damage" and other is ": -20 concentration" I don't know if they still apply to anything.

• Like 1

Happens to me to. When you play on expert or hard (don't remember which) you can't be maimed. Saving and reloading while you are affected by the spell does work, so thanks for that! I also noticed that the character sheet still lists the plague of insects as an effect.

That is very nice to hear, as I just encountered this as well.

I hope the fix will apply retroactively and remove the stuck debuffs, and not just prevent future cases.

No hard feelings in any case, at least for me all the good in the game far, far, FAR outweighs the bugs.

~And the Lord said unto John: Come forth, and receive eternal life! But alas, John came fifth and won a toaster instead.~

I'm glad to hear that this one will be fixed.

Has anyone tried to have Durance cast Prayer Against Infirmity on the affected members in the next fight to removed the permanent Sickened? I believe that's what worked for me, succeeding where rest had failed.

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

Even when the saving and loading gets rid of the constant damage over time and the visual effects it still leaves two effects on the character panel, both are unnamed, one is "; 8 raw damage" and other is ": -20 concentration" I don't know if they still apply to anything.

Make sure you fix this as well. Even without the visual effect, these stats will stay under "active effects" forever. 

- How can I live my life if I can't even tell good from evil?

- Eh, they're both fine choices. Whatever floats your boat. 

POSSIBLE FIX FOR INSECT PLAGUE BUG

Same here, insect always on

BUT not anymore :)

my fix - what i did,

got bounty ( just find enemy), i dismissed all party and recruited again (no more insect plague for them) thats fine. all armor down to inventory so its easy to put down main character.  now he is fighting, he is down ( others party members just looking, when he is down i killed all enemy. fight is over, damn insect still on. so i load game just before fight to try again and :) damn he is free of inscect plague :)

be sure to reply if this helped you fix your character

http://postimg.org/image/4f1mocfh1/

update : picture is from active effects stats, where visual of insect is gone, but in stats is noted is present, wtih one thing

16 raw damage

-20 concentration

-20 concentration (suppressed)

so its off, am i right? (sorry, dont know how to put picture directly, some message - picture is not allowed on this forum)

Edited by everegg