Three of the worst bugs in my estimation

Xzi

Question

- Equipping an item by double-clicking permanently removes all passive buffs (e.g. racials)

- Items with x times faster focus gain break cipher's soul whip (no more focus recovery) and permanently double INT

- Saving/loading a game can cause the buffs gained through toggleable abilities to become permanent

Hope these get fixed in the first post-release patch, and soon.  I recently rerolled so it's no biggie doing it again to get my passives back, but I'm betting some people are pretty far in and can't afford to do the same even though they've probably double-clicked to equip some items.

• Like 7

21 answers to this question

Luckily I escaped those three but they all sound terrible :(

I just had this happen to me and I'm pretty crushed. http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/72857-bug-follower-inventory-being-deleted/

All the items in my companions inventories and their quick slots have all vanished after I dismissed them all on the bedroom level of the keep... yay!

Ouch, that's pretty damn harsh as well.  Another one to be fixed in patch 1, hopefully.

Have you tried the dismiss/ add NPC fix or the re-level with ChangeClass fix on the cipher problem?

Problem persists through dismissing and adding, as well as using ChangeClass. This includes changing to the same class, or changing to another class and back again.

Edited by ossy_87

Using the console is problematic for a couple reasons.  One, you can't be completely sure what passives you're missing.  And two, I believe it disables achievements which can be a big deal for some people.

Better that it be patched quickly.

- Equipping an item by double-clicking permanently removes all passive buffs (e.g. racials)

UHHH...seriously? Does equipping any item that way remove all passive buffs every time? If so I'm just gonna put this game down for awhile while they fix it up.

Have you tried the dismiss/ add NPC fix or the re-level with ChangeClass fix on the cipher problem?

Dismissing  characters triggers another bug- all items in their inventory disappear for good. I checked the stash and they are not there.

Hilarious.

Edited by Meretrelle

Dismissing  characters triggers another bug- all items in their inventory disappear for good. I checked the stash and they are not there.

Hilarious.

Worked fine for me just now...Kana got his third weapon slot back...

http://www.neogaf.co...&postcount=3265

Durante to the rescue. 

This does not, sadly, fix the cipher focus problem.

A few posts later in the linked thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=157864186&postcount=3254

there is a link to http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3706905&perpage=40&pagenumber=161#post443334314 which could someone with access retrieve and copy here.

I haven't been able to replicate the double-click bug, so there must be something else going on besides that specific trigger. It might just come down to a save file corruption? I've double-clicked to equip things on each of my companions and they still have their passives, I even saved the game and restarted, etc... so it's a combined trigger of some sort. 

The something. Awful post just says Obsidian have fixed it and it'll be in the next patch after testing on the patch is done.

So like after the weekend because well the weekend is THE WEEKEND

Cipher focus workarounds would be appreciated tho

I tried the AddAbility as suggested here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=157865161&postcount=3265

BUT unfortunately although it adds it to "Abilities" it doesn't add it to Active Abilities which I think is the problem.  For example I was experimenting with the companion cleric's Bears Fortitude.

I checked it was listed in "Active Abilities" and "Talents"
I removed it by double-clicking to equip some armor.  It stayed in "Talents" but was removed from "Active Abilities"
When trying to re-add it via AddAbility it was added to the "Ability" list but not "Active Abilities".  
I verified that the +10 fortitude was not, in fact, being applied to the characters stats.