So I just looted an item "Nature's Embrace", which reads "Spell Holding: Woodskin: Grants Woodskin".

I have a similar item "Ring of Searing Flames", which reads "Minor Spellbind: Combusting Wounds: Grants Combusting Wounds".

For the second item, it showed up immediately in my action bar as a talent would, but for the first item I the spell does not appear to be showing in the same way.  I thought perhaps that maybe you just gain access to it and use it against your spells per day allotment, but that does not seem to be the case either.

Could someone please explain?

Equip the item and then rest once, it works after that.

Seems lots of items begin with 0 charges and therefor don't show up until after resting.

//Spelling

Edited by Tyxer

(boots):spell holding: consecrated ground 

This spells works differently. The boots will trigger the spell automatically. I think its on 50% endurance of the char (or something like this?)

My main tank trigger the effect couple of minutes ago... :-)

Now the question is:

1/ Will it trigger only 1 per rest or every fight....

2/ What is the condition exactly

Lots of testing ...

Edited by Ondb

The way i've come to understand it, spellholding items passivly activate the spell (either unknown or unlimited amount of charges that require something to happen to activate) , where as spellbind items have the charges and allow you to use the ability whenever.

Spell Striking : procs on landing a crit (multiple times per encounter, don't think there's a limit)

Spell Holding : procs on being crit'd (once per encounter ? more ?)

Spell Binding : renders the spell available to you on a per-rest basis , if it doesn't show up when you first equip the item, try Resting

• Like 1

'kay actually there seems to be a limit to the number of procs on Spell Striking.

Some people say multiple per fight, others say just the one proc.

I seem to recall having seen up to 2 procs per fight but that may just be my rogue hitting twice too fast for the game to register the proc was already used, idk.

Spell Striking : procs on landing a crit (multiple times per encounter, don't think there's a limit)

Spell Holding : procs on being crit'd (once per encounter ? more ?)

Spell Binding : renders the spell available to you on a per-rest basis , if it doesn't show up when you first equip the item, try Resting

They should add some tooltips to these mechanics in game.

The mechanics behind these should be in the game somewhere.

One of my negatives about the game is the lack of info like these.

Would also like the spell etc tooltips to show numbers so i dont have to keep right clicking the spells to see all the info i want.

• Like 1

Dug into the game files and am able to definitely confirm that :

- Spell Striking procs on crit, 1/encounter

- Spell Holding procs on being crit, 1/encounter

And yes, the mechanics behind these should be in the Cyclopedia (to not disrupt the Lore-friendliness of item descriptions).

(boots):spell holding: consecrated ground

This spells works differently. The boots will trigger the spell automatically. I think its on 50% endurance of the char (or something like this?)

My main tank trigger the effect couple of minutes ago... :-)

Now the question is:

1/ Will it trigger only 1 per rest or every fight....

2/ What is the condition exactly

Lots of testing ...

Them boots are the real thing tho if used properly one of the best items hands down