Fog of War in Cities/Stronghold

raiiban

Question

Not sure if this was intended, but is there any way you could disable the fog of war so everything is visible in Cities, Towns, and the stronghold after you've explored it?

I'm not seeing the point of keeping it and it makes navigating the areas a bit irritating and everything seems empty. A big city like Defiance Bay has plenty of people in it but I can't see any unless they're right in my face. The game feels too dark as if it's constantly night time, even during the daylight hours. I'm not asking it to be turned off in dungeons and forest, just places where you wouldn't normally get into combat.

Edited by raiiban
  • Like 4

4 answers to this question

The line of sight is to small, and the difference between explored and unexplored to little, that is to say they are different shades of pitch black. An ironic and tragic error because the beautiful isometric maps are what most of us were drawn to about this game. But we'll never see them apart from tiny little speck of light. When I look outside I can actually easily see for a hundred metres, whats wrong with my party they see five at best? 

Can't somebody fix this!!! game is an exercise in frustration until some work put into it

Not sure if this was intended, but is there any way you could disable the fog of war so everything is visible in Cities, Towns, and the stronghold after you've explored it?

I'm not seeing the point of keeping it and it makes navigating the areas a bit irritating and everything seems empty. A big city like Defiance Bay has plenty of people in it but I can't see any unless they're right in my face. The game feels too dark as if it's constantly night time, even during the daylight hours. I'm not asking it to be turned off in dungeons and forest, just places where you wouldn't normally get into combat.

I have been 'ambushed' multiple times in Defiance Bay by enemies so the fog of war is required for those kind of things to work. A  Without fog of war you could see where those people are from  anywhere on the map and never have to worry about them. lso there are other things you happen upon that if you could see from far away they would not have the same impact. I agree that the fog of war makes cities and other 'safe' zones look empty and in general worse but the way they set things up turning off fog of war would lead to other problems.