Missing Item and Interactable Descriptions

seymsag

Question

Hello,

I am on Lubuntu 14.04, and have the Steam version of the game. After I started a new game first thing I realised was that the crystalline stone growth just north of the bonefire reads "Missing Interactables ###(some number)" when I tried to interact with it, and items I had in inventory also had "Missing Items ###" as names, so did all the items sold by the first encountered merchant. I tried to verify the integrity of game cache for naught, also deleted and redownloaded the game to rectify the problem with no success. I searched the forums to see if anybody else had experienced the issue, but couldn't find any. I would appreciate If you could help me solve the problem.

Thanks

PS: I can't seem to upload output log or saved games, uploader fails for some reason regardless of file extension or size.

Edited by seymsag

10 answers to this question

Played the game up to the entrance of the first dungeon, no items or interactables have descriptions (all missing); prerendered background was also missing in the dungeon; just a white halo encircling the party, and black nothingness around it. Could this be a case sensitivity issue? Also Steam shows the game weighing 13738 MBs.

I managed to upload files to a file hosting service; here is the link: http://www.filedropper.com/files_4

savelog.zip contains first autosave and the log I copied at that time; while savelog1.zip contains the autosave, log and screenshot for the entrance of the first dungeon. System information was gathered from System Profiler and Benchmark tool.

I found out the problem while checking the log files. It is caused by file name mismatch; for example, game looks for "ınteractables.stringtable", actual file however is called "interactables.stringtable". Same thing goes for the background image; "st_ar_0702_ruin_ınt.assetbundle" is called for, yet the file is called "st_ar_0702_ruin_int.assetbundle".

I wonder if there is an easy way of fixing this rather than waiting the game to display error messages, and modifying file names manually.

@Obsidian

I have looked into the Assembly-CSharp.dll and found your culprit where i expected it. Its the ToLower() method applied to file paths. Without a Locale parameter it uses the System Locale, and for Turkish this goes nuts. See explanation why in the previous posts.

Its for example in QuestManager.LoadQuestData()

filename = filename.Remove(0, Application.dataPath.Lenght + 1).ToLower();