Spell stuck on "activated"

Pablius

Question

Hi

I got the "Rolling Flame" spell stuck in "activated" status, can`t use it, taking it out of the grimoire doesn't work

No matter what I do I can't get to work and going back all those hours to a previous save would be a tedious process

Is there away to reset the status of spells?

8 answers to this question

Hey everybody, thank you for your feedback. The team is aware of this issue. We have a hunch that using an ability as a cutscene starts or as the game saves may cause it to remain in the activated state, but we are unsure if there are other ways this issue may arise. If anybody has any other ideas or 100% reproducible steps, it could help us pin-point the issue and find a solution. Thank you!

Hi guys,

this being my first post I'd first like to say kudos to Obsidian for creating this amazing game.

Besides that, my priest Durance suffers from a heavy case of one of his spells being stuck in "Already Activated".

His "Barbs of Condemnation" are stuck in already activated and cannot be used anymore. I don't exactly know how it happened, unfortunately, because it's been a couple of days already, but I believe it was a quicksave/quickload-related error.

Looking forward to a fix, big thanks.

It may also have something to do with queueing orders - the only character I ever used it for is Sagani in my latest playthrough for Marked Prey followed by Wounding Shot - every couple of fights I notice MP becomes unusable until I load earlier save file. It never happened before and in none of my earlier attempts at the game I tried using queue in PoE.

I think the issue could be caused if targeted mobs got killed before whole queue played out or if mob was killed before it even started.

I've got the same issue with Aloth and the level one lightning spell.

I think it happened when I queued the spell and then was paralyzed/petrified. While Aloth was disable my team won the combat and he was freed from the status effect but was unable to complete the queued spell as he was no longer in combat. 

I had exactly the same issue with Aloth and Grimoire Slam. I really hoped it would be fixed in 1.4 but it was not :(

Obviously I tried to expell him from the party and add it later but it did not fix the issue : it has been permanent until the end of my playthrough.