character naming

in this one if you have to choose how your character will look in this one as in the first then OBSIDIAN should heed this: allow a person to give the character a distinctive look. I hated most the faces in kotor for the men they all didn't look right plus some were seen throughout the game. and i wanted an differeent look. so i ask only that you allow people to give their character a customized look if you are doing something similiar to the first game. and jedi also should be able to wear your characters hood if wearing a jedi robe. you could put it up or down depending on what u set it to like hood stops mind affects hood down doesnt block mind affecting.

Just think how much time it would take to make an option to customize a face. But fell free to make it yourself and send it to Obsidian.

All they need to do is make various hair styles, and a bunch of bald heads and let you mix and match. Craploads of games have done it before. Changing skin and hair colors isn't too hard either.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

But i think that grieva ment that you should have the option to pick the length of your hair, add miniscule marks and change the shape of your face, not just a simple color of hair or style like most other games this is KotOR II it should live up to it's prequel's many Game of the Year Awards.

But i think that grieva ment that you should have the option to pick the length of your hair, add miniscule marks and change the shape of your face, not just a simple color of hair or style like most other games this is KotOR II it should live up to it's prequel's many Game of the Year Awards.

KOTOR never got an ward for character customization...

I just hope all the NPC's don't have twins again. It would be nice if Obsidian could use a better variety of NPC face models than Bioware did in the origional KOTOR. I kept having deja-vu everytime I went into the Cantinas. I felt like there should have been a dialogue option along the lines of "Do you have a brother on Taris?"

I just hope all the NPC's don't have twins again. It would be nice if Obsidian could use a better variety of NPC face models than Bioware did in the origional KOTOR. I kept having deja-vu everytime I went into the Cantinas. I felt like there should have been a dialogue option along the lines of "Do you have a brother on Taris?"

Heck, I went into a Cantina once and one of the NPCs had the same face as My character!

Devastatorsig.jpg

I don't think any RPG has had that level of customization before. There should be 3 levels. Hair, Face, and Facial Hair. All with the ability to change color. Facial hair is nothing but adding a layer to a texture, and from my hanging out on modding forums, the engine does that already. Color changes are easy, just do one texture and spend like 2 minutes altering the colors for the different choices. 5 heads, 5 hairstyles(plus no hair), and 3 facial hair options (beard, mustache, both) and for males you have like 90 different options for what your character looks like, not counting hair/skin color. And if someone leaked the model format to the modding community you could have much more options too (hint hint)

Devastatorsig.jpg

Heck, I went into a Cantina once and one of the NPCs had the same face as My character!

Are you sure about that. There is a rule file that specificaly makes sure that no npc will have your face and if it did the character should be headless.

It was that one face of the guy with the soul patch and the scar on his eye.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Are you sure about that. There is a rule file that specificaly makes sure that no npc will have your face and if it did the character should be headless.

You must have been mistaken that npc does have a backup head incase you use it.

But I do agree that There should be more variety when it comes to npc's. I mean all the male twi' leks use the same model and the females only have 2.

You must have been mistaken that npc does have a backup head incase you use it.

But I do agree that There should be more variety when it comes to npc's. I mean all the male twi' leks use the same model and the females only have 2.

he isnt mistaken, ive seen it too.

anyway, i think it would be a great idea to customize faces. biowares faces were horrible.

The NPC doubles were damn annoying, the fact that they used about 3 models over and over even though there were FAR more than 3 models for the PCs was kind of weird.

Customisable character models would be cool, but i didn't mind the ones bioware did actually. They were fine i thought.

They just need to give the modding community a hint on how to crack the model format so they can start making new faces/armor/helmets/robes/weapons/etc. I know all the guys at holowan labs are either dying for someone to crack it or trying to crack it themselves to no avail.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Haven't you heard the saying everyone has their double?

well bioware took that saying abit far they got a part mixed up...

"ever double has a double"

that black guy with the shaved hair at the sides is everywhere.

listen ninja didn't you want a specific different look for your character i mean look at fight Night aint no real facial customization thre all you could do was just add beards and hair styles. but think about this all they had was the original facial mixing. thats the same program the programmers used to design characters faces. it's stupid that your character should look like everyone else when your character is the main character and part of the plot. he should look distinctive i dont believe bioware said there was a point behind why your character has too look like everyone else...

I dont really care for unimportant npc's they can look the same i just say important characters have a different look and so your characters important he/she should have a distinctive look. also i hope you can dawn your hood when using stealth...