Polish version not translated

damw2303

Question

I have version from GOG

Some words in polish ver. is not translated

amount (eng)   ilość (pl)   translated but not show in polish in gui file

enchant(eng)   zaklinanie (pl) same

area loot radius (eng) zasięg zbierania łupu (pl)(?) this words is not translated in gui file

memories description is not translated in several areas:

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Edited by damw2303

Playing the game in English myself, can't change the language in Kickstarter version, it seems, but what looks odd on the screenshots is some strange circle behind each letter 's' in Polish names - potions, weapons, etc. Is it like that everywhere in the game?

Playing the game in English myself, can't change the language in Kickstarter version, it seems, but what looks odd on the screenshots is some strange circle behind each letter 's' in Polish names - potions, weapons, etc. Is it like that everywhere in the game?

The 'circle' is an ligature between s and t. Its a typographic effect which you can turn of in the settings.

I would bet the same strings are missing in the Russian, Italian and French version. At least they are not translated in Spanish, German and Polish.

I would bet the same strings are missing in the Russian, Italian and French version. At least they are not translated in Spanish, German and Polish.

And you would be right. Must be some strings that have either been changed late by Devs or not sent for translation.

One more item in the Polish version, probably caused by the same reason, is the "Black Hound" - if you take it with you, he's highlighted as "Black Hound" instead of "Czarny Ogar".

And you would be right. Must be some strings that have either been changed late by Devs or not sent for translation.

One more item in the Polish version, probably caused by the same reason, is the "Black Hound" - if you take it with you, he's highlighted as "Black Hound" instead of "Czarny Ogar".

i found one more translation issue some books have too small fonts in book title and rare bug in visitor decripyion in fortress

Pillars_Of_Eternity_2015_03_29_12_17_15_Pillars_Of_Eternity_2015_03_29_12_17_24_Pillars_Of_Eternity_2015_03_28_21_12_05_

Well, this doesn't really look like a good place to report a bug, nevertheless, here it comes:

the second of the 4th level Durance's spells (adoracja wiernych - adoration of the faithful?) is not described properly. Its effects in the stats section of the spell, do not match effects described in its description below. It says e.g. that the "wizard" is unable to cast spells when it's active. It also mentions grimaurs that are something not used by priests. 

Also, whoever translated Durance as "Niezłomny (invincible/indomitable/steadfast)", has completely belied his creator's intentions. 

PinkieRs.png

Got two minor bugs to report but I can't upload JPEG's of it. Any idea why? (Got Flash,Upload bar reaches 100% and shows "Error This upload failed").

postimage.org

Thanks. Got Steam version and found a couple of translation bugs.

Caldara.jpg

(Second paragraph, should be "duszy" not "duszą").

Untitled.jpg

(First word in description is "wyłowany" and should be "wywołany").

fampyr.jpg

(Third paragraph. Second sentence. "Wampir" instead of "fampyr".

Got two minor bugs to report but I can't upload JPEG's of it. Any idea why? (Got Flash,Upload bar reaches 100% and shows "Error This upload failed").

postimage.org

Thanks. Got Steam version and found a couple of translation bugs.

Caldara.jpg

(Second paragraph, should be "duszy" not "duszą").

Untitled.jpg

(First word in description is "wyłowany" and should be "wywołany").

fampyr.jpg

(Third paragraph. Second sentence. "Wampir" instead of "fampyr".

fampyr is correct translation this is not bug

Thanks. Got Steam version and found a couple of translation bugs. - 

Second paragraph, should be "duszy" not "duszą"). actually this is not a typo but it's intentional - as you reach with YOUR soul.

(First word in description is "wyłowany" and should be "wywołany"). - for some reason the "QA" team decided to mess it up. It's been fixed since though.

(Third paragraph. Second sentence. "Wampir" instead of "fampyr". - again, this is intentional. The original version has "fampyrs", not "Vampires".

Edited by Peterski

if main character is female there is bug in other npc class desc.

Aloth Magiczka(incorrect) Mag (correct)

Eder Wojowniczka(incorrect) Wojownik (correct}

Durance Kapłanka(incorrect) Kapłan (correct)

etc.

[edited out, please ignore :) ]

Edited by Peterski

Well, this doesn't really look like a good place to report a bug, nevertheless, here it comes:

the second of the 4th level Durance's spells (adoracja wiernych - adoration of the faithful?) is not described properly. Its effects in the stats section of the spell, do not match effects described in its description below. It says e.g. that the "wizard" is unable to cast spells when it's active. It also mentions grimaurs that are something not used by priests. 

Also, whoever translated Durance as "Niezłomny (invincible/indomitable/steadfast)", has completely belied his creator's intentions. 

I have a funny feeling that some spells were changed during development and something that was initially translated for the wizard, eventually became the priest's spell. And my guess is nobody thought of updating the translations :)

As for Durance/Niezłomny... Durance is, among other meanings, an archaic form for "endurance", so Niezłomny is a pretty good choice. Not sure if that was the meaning the creators intended but judging from his monologues (he's a talkative fella, isn't he?) it seems quite suitable, given how he's been enduring the trials and all that.

Here's one significant game play bug that I noticed, that appears in the Polish, Russian and French versions. The merchant Peregund does not show her wares in Copperlane when asked to do so. The dialogue window just flickers and nothing happens. Seems that some trigger isn't linked properly or whatever magic is used to relate the dialogue to the trade screen is failing :)

This is particularly annoying as she's one of few vendors who sell traps (if not the only one).

Edited by Peterski

I have the kickstarter version, i can change the language without problems.

Yes i know, my english sux.

I have the kickstarter version, i can change the language without problems.

Yep, there is no problem. But anyway I play english version. Polish translation is so wrong, on so many levels.

From the begining, Godlike - Boscy. Really? Really?

• Like 1

"Go where the others have gone, to the tenebrous limit

for the golden fleece of void, your ultimate prize

go upright among those who are on their knees

among those turning their backs on and those fallen to dust"

Zbigniew Herbert, Message of Mr. Cogito

I guess there should be "jednego osobnika" instead of "jednej osobniczki".

Are you playing as a male or female? If as female then it's OK, if as male then yeah, some gender links seem to be messed up (like the names of all classes if you play a woman main character)

• Like 1

What's wrong with Boscy?

Everything. It's sounds like Boscy - "Faboulus".

• Like 1

"Go where the others have gone, to the tenebrous limit

for the golden fleece of void, your ultimate prize

go upright among those who are on their knees

among those turning their backs on and those fallen to dust"

Zbigniew Herbert, Message of Mr. Cogito