Loading screen crash

FabriciusRex

Question

First post! YAY!

I have a savegame file that crashes when trying to transition from Readric's Keep to Readric's Hold Sanctuary. Any new savegames after that has crashes as described.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fezvi2cw6mc3rba/9b3af25d-6d26-4d13-b435-2f365ff084da%20quicksave.savegame?dl=0

I have another savegame file that does not crash. They are from the same game seperated by time. This one beeing from an earlier state of the game. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/usdxhvs69v4gwi0/9b3af25d6d264d13b4352f365ff084da%209147174%20RaedricsHoldDungeons.savegame?dl=0

Go crazy troubleshooting!

For the curious, here are my specs: 

win7 64-bit home premium

8gb ram

i7 2600k 

gtx 980

3x SSDs

corsari ax860 

Native instruments external audio interface with corresponding audio drivers

+ peripherals connected via usb

10 answers to this question

I have experienced the same crash. Sometimes it happens before the loading screen but usually after with a black screen and "Pillars of Eternity is not responding" message from windows. I have tried to get around it many times but it repeats with different transition areas in Raedric's keep.

I also have a bugged character on a completely new game started from scratch where a character constantly runs on the spot unless you move her specifically (a barb) - now the game has frozen because she is still running on the spot after enemies are dead and combat does not end because she is stuck.

My specs are Win7 Ultimate(64), Nvidia GTX560Ti, 6gig ram, i7920 processor. I am playing the Steam version and anyone who wants to observe either bug is welcome to request a broadcast observation.

It's very frustrating because until everything turned to mush I was loving the game. (and reviewed it at 98%)