Crash when trying to travel to Second Town

Arkh`Cthuul

Question

To put it as simply as possible: every time I try to travel there the ame crashes.

I am aware that this might be one of the 32-bit-"problems", but honestly, 32 bit is not that rare, even today, and seeing that bug in a game I supported and wayted roughly 2 years for is ... vastly dissappointing.

PS: I tried to attach the Bugreport but obviously I am not allowed to upload that types of files.... :(

How long till we can expect a fix?

Edited by Arkh`Cthuul

5 answers to this question

To put it as simply as possible: every time I try to travel there the ame crashes.

I am aware that this might be one of the 32-bit-"problems", but honestly, 32 bit is not that rare, even today, and seeing that bug in a game I supported and wayted roughly 2 years for is ... vastly dissappointing.

PS: I tried to attach the Bugreport but obviously I am not allowed to upload that types of files.... :(

How long till we can expect a fix?

I guess we both have to wait till the upcoming fix. I just reinstalled BGEE and BGEE2 for the waiting period.

Well if max. about ~3.xGB virtual memory is satisfying for you, but dont expect new applications in the entertainment/desktop area to be compatible a lot anymore...

32bit isnt uncommon, even 16bit and 8bit are not (Im working in microprocessor development) however it is not suiting anymore as a desktop system.

I had the same issue on a 32bit OS, I got around it by forcing the game to run in openGL mode just for that town.  I thought I would have the same issue loading the main cities too, but so far I've completed almost? all of Defiance Bay and all the surrounding areas, and haven't had another crash.   

Well if max. about ~3.xGB virtual memory is satisfying for you, but dont expect new applications in the entertainment/desktop area to be compatible a lot anymore...

32bit isnt uncommon, even 16bit and 8bit are not (Im working in microprocessor development) however it is not suiting anymore as a desktop system.

Agreed, but then again 3.3 gig RAM and another 5 gig virtuak Memory have served me well enough in more or less recent games with a MUCH higher amount of Data (graphic-wise especially) without a hitch.

Who would expect PoE, which while lovely designed is graphcally on the elvel of around 8-9 years ago mostly, to produce problems?

I certainly did not....

I had the same issue on a 32bit OS, I got around it by forcing the game to run in openGL mode just for that town.  I thought I would have the same issue loading the main cities too, but so far I've completed almost? all of Defiance Bay and all the surrounding areas, and haven't had another crash.   

Really?  How did you do that? I did not find any "real" graphics options so far, so I am expecting a more indirect approach....

I'm having the same problem. Game crashes everytime I try to leave my current location. Running it as admin or turning of aa didn't help.

I got around it by forcing the game to run in openGL mode just for that town. 

How did you do that? Was it an option of the game or some setting in your graphics card?