Druid bugs

Ferrante

Question

First, congratulations for the great game you have delivered. I am enjoying it a lot and can't stop playing. Second, I am playing a druid with cat affinity and I have found 2 bugs that are annoying. 

1. The charm Beast spell is not working properly. Its durations says 9.6sec (8sec base). It is charming for about 2 seconds, maybe less. That make it useless and It should be a signature spell of a druid. 

How to replicate the bug: Just use the spell in any animal. 

2. This is a graphic bug. When I shapechange, sometimes (like 1 in 3) it shows the human form AND animal form, making it a mess. It happens randomly, often when I use Flurry attack. 

How to replicate the bug: This one is tricky. I have tried myself to replicate it and dont get it. Even loading again the file and doing the same things it does not happen. 

This is the print screen:

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/34115347319209648/31AA92461F67BBBCD502AD92BCCBBC85DAFCFD79/

Thank you for everything and good luck fixing these issues. I really like the druid and this can discourage people who wants to play it (not me for sure). 

oh, the dxdiag upload have failed twice, so I will paste the first block:

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 3/28/2015, 07:50:10
       Machine name: GERARDO-PC
   Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850)
           Language: Spanish (Regional Setting: Spanish)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
       System Model: GA-A75-UD4H
               BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
          Processor: AMD A8-3870 APU with Radeon HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
             Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16382MB RAM
          Page File: 5893MB used, 26867MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 1

I did some more testing with Charm Beast.

- as long as at least one hostile beast remains uncharmed during a combat scenario, the duration works properly

- if every beast gets charmed, the duration is less than a second, regardless of missing/grazing/hitting/critting

For example, if you're fighting two bears:

- charm both bears - duration is less than a second

- charm one bear - duration lasts as advertised

- charm one bear and kill the other while the Charm effect is still ongoing - the effect ends immediately

It seems that the game, for some reason, requires having at least one enemy in a combat scenario. Basically, it doesn't let you charm/dominate every foe.

I don't know if this is intended or not.

EDIT: I believe I know what might be causing the problem:

- Charm Beast is a combat-only spell

- if you charm every beast, the combat state ends (since there are no more enemies (charmed beasts count as allies))

- because the combat state ends, the spell stops working (because it's combat-only)

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that way too many spells in this game are tied to 'must be in combat'.

This is stop pre buffing before a fight, as we know we all did in Baldurs gate etc and was expected you would stand just a small way from a big boss and cast every protection spell you pretty much had before entering the fight, they have balanced POE against this and to be honest it works way better. Some Ai for companions is a huge thing needed for expansion/Sequel but apart from that I quite like the combat.

Edited by axan22

This is stop pre buffing before a fight, as we know we all did in Baldurs gate etc and was expected you would stand just a small way from a big boss and cast every protection spell you pretty much had before entering the fight, they have balanced POE against this and to be honest it works way better. Some Ai for companions is a huge thing needed for expansion/Sequel but apart from that I quite like the combat.

Exactly.  Buffs, "weapon" spells,  and summons are combat only to prevent the pre-fight buff fest that happens in a lot of RPGs.  I can understand HoT heals falling into this category, but any healing spells that don't affect enemies are also combat only (moot point because of OoC endurance regen).  There are some attack/debuff spells which are unusual in that they can't be cast out of combat for whatever reason (crucible of the soul, returning storm), but they are rare.

http://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity/mods/21/?

I managed to fix the stag defence bug. It will now properly turn off after the battle.

Mod comes in two variants - one is the regular stag defence +7, second one is boosted version +30.

http://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity/mods/19/?

I also created another mod - one that removes the spiritforms timer. Normally when we shift into our spiritform it ends after 12s. I removed that limit so the transformation stays for the whole fight or untill player turn it off manually. Other properties are untouched, its still per encounter ability and combat only.

It seems the bug still stays on, my fix just disable it during non-combat phase. I have to dig deeper into this file, maybe i will fix it permanently xD

@edit

Ok i managed to upgrade the fix.

The passive ability will still stay till the end of combat, even if we shift back to regular human form, but it will not stay during non combat phase and it wont trigger up in next combat phases before we switch again to spirit form. This is just a temp fix, but its better than having it stays on for the whole time imho.

I upgrade my mod as soon as i end hex-editing it

Edited by Zekzt

Spiritshift duration is not displayed anywhere in the game!!!

I've checked Spiritshift ability description, character screen (active effects - only boar regeneration), hovering mouse over my character's portrait. Nothing.

To reproduce:

1. Start a new game

2. Choose Druid

3. In the fight with young wolves, use spiritshift. Try to find any way to display how many seconds remain.

In particular, I have no clue if Intelligence affects the duration of Spiritshift or not.

I don't know if I'm using the right field to post in this topic, but it was the only one I could find, ("Answer this question")

I think I just found a bug? I'm not sure if someone has mentioned it, I read through the comments but didn't see it so here I am. I used my druids shapeshift form to turn into a wolf, he had a bronze sword equipped, one of the gold quality items... and I just now noticed, in humanoid form, he has his wolf teeth equipped and the sword is just gone... :(
I can even unequip them (the teeth... lol) and stow them in my inventory as if they were a normal item... but the sword has *poofed* from existence. Quite upsetting as I have the adra shield, and the sword gave a bonus ability when equipped with shields.

Tried reloading the game, and restarting from desktop to no avail. I'm assuming the only way to get my sword back is to reload a previous save from before the bug and who knows how far back that is.

Edited by Uden