Fulvano's Gloves effects surpressed

After picking these up, I put them on my Moon Godlike Cipher only to find that the +5 Reflex bonus is supressed. If I put them on Aloth, the bonus is there.

Could somebody explain this suppression to me, I have searched but cannot find an answer?

If you have, say, a cloak that gives +5 Reflex and gloves that also give +5 Reflex, it doesn't stack. Just like you couldn't equip a +1 Protecting Ring and Cloak in IE games. 

• Like 1

If you have, say, a cloak that gives +5 Reflex and gloves that also give +5 Reflex, it doesn't stack. Just like you couldn't equip a +1 Protecting Ring and Cloak in IE games. 

Ah, yes my 'cloak of protection' has +5 Reflex.

Thankyou Tirgranes.

Maybe that's why he gave em away, didn't do anything for him anyhow :p

I do hope that's only for those kinda of stats though, and not for int/might and those as well.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster . . .

when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you

They work like protective items in Baldur's Gate.

For example a ring of +1 armor class would not work together with a cloak with the same effect.

They work on the base value and apply their bonus on it, but if a bonus is already being applied, other bonuses will be ignored.

Slightly more complicated. If you have two items that provide similar bonuses, only the strongest one will be applied. So if you have a Ring of +1 Intelligence and a Cloak of +2 intelligence, it only counts the +2.

Edited by Katarack21

Slightly more complicated. If you have two items that provide similar bonuses, only the strongest one will be applied. So if you have a Ring of +1 Intelligence and a Cloak of +2 intelligence, it only counts the +2.

Well ok, I didn't feel the need to point that out, because if you have a +1 item and a +2 item and you know that they don't stack, you'd normally remove the +1.

I actually didn't realize it at first; that's why I'd prefer that it just wouldn't let you equip it. Took me a while to realize from my character sheet that it wasn't happening and figure out what was up. Was wasting some equipment slots for quite a ways in.

• Like 1

I actually didn't realize it at first; that's why I'd prefer that it just wouldn't let you equip it. Took me a while to realize from my character sheet that it wasn't happening and figure out what was up. Was wasting some equipment slots for quite a ways in.

Did this as well and then noticed I had 5 greyed out "suppressed" stats on my main :/

- How can I live my life if I can't even tell good from evil?

- Eh, they're both fine choices. Whatever floats your boat. 

This is alike DnD and older IE games, also NWN. Only the highest bonus applies.

That said, I wish there was a kind of tab in your inventory where you could easily see what stats are you getting from items, because every time I get new loot I find myself having to manually hover over every item I have equipped to see what I can possibly stack and not. It gets worse when you try to fit gear across different characters so none of them have a "wasted" bonus and you can spend half hour just trying to play tetris with your gear without having a quick way to check what you really have equipped at the moment.

This is alike DnD and older IE games, also NWN. Only the highest bonus applies.

That said, I wish there was a kind of tab in your inventory where you could easily see what stats are you getting from items, because every time I get new loot I find myself having to manually hover over every item I have equipped to see what I can possibly stack and not. It gets worse when you try to fit gear across different characters so none of them have a "wasted" bonus and you can spend half hour just trying to play tetris with your gear without having a quick way to check what you really have equipped at the moment.

If you click the individual stat (click or hover, don't have the game opened right now) it will tell you what bonuses you have from what items. It's not perfect but it's there. 

It would be unfortunate if you could not equip two items with the same bonus.  For example, imagine that you have gloves with +2 M & +1 D and a helm with +2 P and +1 D.  Currently you can equip them both and get +2 M, +2 P, and +1 D from those two items.  If the game blocked you from using them together then you'd be missing out on the +2 M or the +2 P.

That said, I wish there was a kind of tab in your inventory where you could easily see what stats are you getting from items, because every time I get new loot I find myself having to manually hover over every item I have equipped to see what I can possibly stack and not.

Open up your character sheet and scroll down to Active Effects:

Active_Effects.jpg

Edit: I guess I should see if someone else has an empty boots slot.

Further Edit: Modified image to remove spoilers.

Edited by Emptiness

It would be unfortunate if you could not equip two items with the same bonus.  For example, imagine that you have gloves with +2 M & +1 D and a helm with +2 P and +1 D.  Currently you can equip them both and get +2 M, +2 P, and +1 D from those two items.  If the game blocked you from using them together then you'd be missing out on the +2 M or the +2 P.

That said, I wish there was a kind of tab in your inventory where you could easily see what stats are you getting from items, because every time I get new loot I find myself having to manually hover over every item I have equipped to see what I can possibly stack and not.

Open up your character sheet and scroll down to Active Effects:

Cool stuff, that's more or less what I was looking for. Thanks!

The active effects overview is messy, imho. Just click the stat and it will tell you what items are affecting it:

5RUEeqQ.jpg