10 hours in and only two critiques

Major critique:

Companion AI is really lackluster and it is worse than it was in IE games. Companions are effectively just empty husks. They know only two things: moving and auto-attack. Please add some sort of customizable conditions when they could use their per rest and per encounter talents/spells.

Minor critique:

XP gained from lock picking and disarming traps doesn't "feel" right. Wouldn't it be better if you could get only fixed amount of XP per lock/trap level? What I mean is you wouldn't get XP from picking level 1 lock for the tenth time, you know, like it is with combat. Types of enemies have fixed amount of XP to be gained from them, in another words, you get XP from learning how to defeat them. Once you have learned how, you're not getting any more XP from them. 

Other than these two complaints I'm really impressed by the game. Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Josh has said they want to add AI scripts but didn't have time/budget for the main game. (I like it just fine the way it is though.)

Lockpicking/disarming XP is a pimple on a beautiful game. But, ultimately, that's all it is, a pimple.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

It's worse than that, the script is harmful in some cases. If a melee target dies, melee chars leave their position to chase down another target, which can be disastrous with chokepoint setups, and I can't turn this off (unlike in the IE games, where you could select "no script". I can't believe I'm saying this :D). I really would like a "Hold Position" toggle or something. In fact, I'm putting in an RFE for it, now that I think about it...

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

There is an option you can tick off in combat options that makes your characters not move in combat without your input.

I don't use it myself and still have no problems maintaing choke points.

I have one gripe about the game and it's not really a gripe. I have the game set to autopause when a characters endurance gets low but when I summon something with my chanter it pauses when the summon has low health too. That's annoying lol